Toshiba Portege 3505 Rotation support (ver 11.2)

Hello everyone:

I installed 11.2 on my subject machine and it runs great, including the tablet. The only function that I can’t get working is the rotation of the screen. I figure this is due to no direct driver support for the video (ALI) although I do get the correct screen resolution for this machine.

Who do I contact to request that this be added, or does anyone one of a solution? I searched the forums and did not find an answer.

BTW, SUSE runs great on this machine, just gave it a new life! This is so much faster than running windoze since MS has added so much overhead that the machine is a pig under windoze, but screams with linux.

Thanks

MV

The openSUSE expert in Table PCs used to be user Dkukawka:
User : Dkukawka - openSUSE I think there is sufficient information on that page to know how to contact him.

… some wiki on tablets:

Changes are normally justified/tracked either via a bug report or via a request in openFate.

Oldcpu:

Thank you for your prompt reply. I will send Danny a message and also thank you for the wiki links. I have not had too much time to explore yet with the system and the suse web pages, but I had read that the system is highly recommended for Laptops, so I thought I would give it a whirl.

Mike