What have you done to improve your internet-using habits? Did you get rid of all the ‘rotten apples’ and bad guys on the web like google etc.? Today, I’m one step closer to a final transition.
What I’m using is the following:
- email: Posteo. Safe, secure, eco-friendly, socially responsible email provider.
- social networking: Diaspora. I got a hang of it finally, and must say it’s more than functional. Like a great combination of Facebook and Twitter, just decentralized and less cluttered + you own your own information.
- OS - see signature
- Currently also transforming my music collection into ogg’s.
- Last step: I have to make Amarok scrobble to libre.fm somehow. Don’t know how to pull it off, as the docs info doesn’t work. But I hope I’ll get it soon.
- Search engine: duckduckgo, with a modified theme and regional preference turned on. It keeps getting better and better.
Got rid of Twitter today.
So, what’s your status?