The bug wants 321 updates

After a great deal of bother I finally have openSuse 13.2 64 bit installed parallel to Win7 on my PC
The internet connection is sometimes up and sometimes down.
I’ve got an edimax wlan adapter and a DSL access point/router.

Now, what is that bug which appears on the lower tool bar?

It states that I need 321 updates when I hover the mouse over it. I click on it and have a box telling me
that 321 updates are selected. I click on install and within 10 to 30 seconds my internet connection crashes.

Where can I find a log file to discern what is going wrong?

I have to re-configure this wlan or pull out/push in the wlan adapter or power down and up my dsl modem
about every 10 minutes.

What is going here?

The need to update and your wireless issue are two different things. It sounds like you are referring to Apper (graphical front-end for PackageKit software management). I’ve never used it, so won’t offer any advice about that. For your wireless issue, best to start a new thread with descriptive title to attract the attention of those that may be able to help.

What you installed was released over 9 months ago and there have been plenty of updates since then. It is highly recommended you install them…

Rather then use appr you could also use Yast or zypper to update.

If your connection is via WiFi you may want to do a hardwire to internet connection to do the update. It may correct the problem also

If it is already hardwired then try switching to Networkmanager from wicked driver in Yast

Thanks for the responses.
So the bug = Apper = PackageKit
And from gogalthorp’s answer it appears that a wireless connection in openSuse 13.2 is normally buggy when using Apper/PackageKit, so I have to go with the cable.
And I am using networkmanager !
I’ll put my questions about the many interrupts over wireless into your wirelss forum and again thanks for the replies.

Yes, zypper or YaST can help as far as updates go in some circumstances where user interaction is required, hence the suggestion.

And from gogalthorp’s answer it appears that a wireless connection in openSuse 13.2 is normally buggy when using Apper/PackageKit, so I have to go with the cable.

No, that’s an incorrect conclusion. An unstable wireless connection will however obviously affect the update process, hence the suggestion to use wired ethernet to complete the large update process if possible.

connect your comp with LAN directly, it might help

No in general appr is ok as long as there is no problem. But there maybe a fix for the Wireless in the packages. and if the Wireless connection is unstable use a wired to get the needed updates. You must get the updates before anyone can help.