System monitor widget not visible in panel

Anyone else having the issue of the system monitor widget not showing in a panel?
Here a couple of images to illustrate what I mean:
Screenshot_20240621_234210-1

Expected result:
Screenshot_20240424_225531-1

I also tried the “Show Alternatives…” button and switched to a different sensor, but it only shows the widget for a split second and then it disappears again. The widget works perfectly fine on the desktop, btw.

I can’t really recall when it stopped working, but it couldn’t have been too long ago.

Just created a test user, but the problem still persisted.

I use the system monitor widget for showing the CPU and GPU temperatures. It works on different machines and hardware setups. The only difference between the Plasma 5 and Plasma 6 widget is, that the new widget only shows 1 line instead of 3 as before. So more scrolling needed to cycle through the temperatures of all cores…

Any idea how I could debug my issue?
I doubt it to be the problem, but given the recent issues with Mesa and AMD, I was wondering if it could be related to that. I remember having some glitches with certain widgets like the application launcher, but after the recent update everything (except for the system monitor widget) seems to behave like it used to.

Well, it seems the problem is gone in plasma 6.1 :person_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.