Switching tabs in forefox has big delay!

Whenever I switch tabs in firefox, there’s a big delay (worse for some sites than others). This didn’t use to be the case. Any idea what could be causing it?

Probably some dodgy extension
I bet if you rename .mozilla (.mozilla-slowtabs) and re-start FF it may be solved.
Remember all your settings are in the folder you renamed. If this solves it - we can look at what to do from there.

No, I started in safe mode and still had the issue.

Safe mode as nothing to do with it. Do as Caf suggested. Or try a adding a new user account and see if the problem is there also. It is most likely some screwed up configuration file.

No, I renamed the .mozilla folder and it still occurs.

Is the isolated to Firefox?
What about other browsers?

added chrome and it’s totally fine.

Were you using FFox from Build Service or from the Updates repo?

No. I was originally but there was a huge problem with that version (may have been fixed now) that made it unusable so instead I downloaded it directly from mozilla.org.

But doing that works perfectly on fedora and previously was working fine on opensuse.

Anyone have any ideas? It’s killing me. :frowning:

Did you try launching firefox from the command prompt within a console? Maybe you’ll see errors. If I were you, I’d get rid of it and start over with a package from the build service. BTW, are you running this from within Gnome or KDE4?

No. I was originally but there was a huge problem with that version (may have been fixed now) that made it unusable so instead I downloaded it directly from mozilla.org.

What was the problem anyway?

Try FF without plug-ins - Flash, etc… Does this make any diff?

Not to be rude, but if you’d read my posts in this thread, you’d see I did try that and it made no diff.

I’m using KDE4.

And this was the issue:
OpenSUSE 11.2 Firefox not allowing save images, pages, etc! - openSUSE Forums

It’s still an open bug!

> Not to be rude, but if you’d read my posts in this thread, you’d see I did try that and it made no diff.

no offence taken… it was late.

(referring to the above post link…) Interesting bug, however. Who would have thought.