SVN checkout error: error occured during SSL communication

Hello,

I installed Apache Subversion via YaST2. Now when I run the checkout command, it gives me this error:

svn: E120171: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://REPO...'svn: E120171: Error running context: An error occurred during SSL communication

There is nothing wrong server side because I use this all the time on my windows machine and with this error it makes it hard to switch to OpenSUSE because I can’t get my work done.
Maybe there is something wrong on the OS side?

Thanks in advance,

–thevimaalre

Speculating,
For the past few months and for a while longer as of this writing everyone (software projects, apps, OEMs, etc) are in varying stages rolling out patched versions of SSL(and other encryption) plugging the now well-publicized Diffie-Heilman key exchange flaw. If you haven’t updated your Server’s SSL recently or if a patch hasn’t yet been released then you’re SOL (I don’t know what is going on in the Windows world, as of about 3 days ago it appears that the entire MSDN area is still unpatched server-side which interestingly means you can connect with IE (which appears to be patched) but not Edge).

So, there seems to be a mis-match, maybe you haven’t updated your openSUSE SSL or your Windows SSL.
Maybe the Journal has more detailed info about your error (guessing).

TSU