Suse 11.1 on Acer Aspire 5520G / Wireless problem

Hello. I have recently installed openSuse 11.1 on my laptop. First issue (since I haven’t realy got through all…have the feeling that sound doesn’t work out of the box…although when i shutdown the laptop, it appears) is the wireless connection.
After many distros and versions (on some of them I have managed to put the wireless card in full functionality, even with LEDs) I have came across in this version of openSUSE 11.1, that finally my wireless card was incredibly perfectly recognized, that is Atheros 5BXB63, with chip AR2425.

My problem is that, I cannot connect to internet, although I can ping my router. I have also checked if would be the matter of firewall or Firefox settings.
The wlan card scans APs, associates with AP.
Iwconfig states wlan0 with wireless extension. There is also wmaster0 extention. My question is also, is wmaster0 thought as a hardware interface and wlan0 as a virtual one, like it is in some other madwifi drivers (where was wifi0 and wlan0 as virtual)?

My wireless card rules ath5k driver. If i run dmesg i noticed that is written, support for AR2425 is under developement.
Although I have enabled in kernel .config file configuration of ath5k, I’m unable to review, edit or anything virtual access points. Iwpriv states there aren’t no private ioctls.

I thank for any idea!
Greets

Hi there,

Resolving SUSE 11.1 NetworkManager Icon (& whole process) disappearing from the desktop bar:

1. Press Alt + F2 and enter nm-applet to start it manually
  2. Open a Terminal andissue commands as follow:

su [enter pass]
cd /sbin
NetworkManager

Walla,

Enjoy!

eliorr wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Resolving SUSE 11.1 NetworkManager Icon (& whole process) disappearing
> from the desktop bar: