SuSe 10.2 File system corrupt in Dell Power Edege T105

Hi list,

I have the following problem:

I installed two servers with suse 10.2 x86_64 bits. The hardware used is Dell PE T105 ( AMD Opteron Processor ). In the two servers I find files corrupted after some time. I use different file system for discard problem with them and reinstall the system on two news identical servers. In one server use xfs and in another ext3. Anybody have a idea why this problem occurs?!

Part of messages log referring this problem:

Server with xfs:

Jun 3 15:00:17 rede2-sjp kernel: xfs_da_do_buf: bno 8388608
Jun 3 15:00:17 rede2-sjp kernel: Filesystem “sda9”: XFS internal error xfs_da_do_buf(1) at line 1992 of file fs/xfs/xfs_da_btree.c. Caller 0xffffffff880beb03

Server with ext3:

Jun 2 07:48:52 rede1-bau kernel: EXT3-fs warning (device sdb5): ext3_clear_journal_err: Filesystem error recorded from previous mount: IO failure
Jun 2 07:48:52 rede1-bau kernel: EXT3-fs warning (device sdb5): ext3_clear_journal_err: Marking fs in need of filesystem check.

Thanks.

Looks more like there is a problem with the hard disk/file system.
Have you tried running fsck to ched the partitions on the drive?

Yes, I ran a lot of times the fsck and changed the disks. But the problem return.

Not sure but it could be a problem at the driver layer. If possible, install version 11.1 and see. New driver version shipped with later kernel versions may have fixed that problem.