"su return with an error" - can't install flash player.

First of all, I’m sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place.

I tried installing flash player, but when i tried opening it with install software i got a message saying “su return with an error”

someone please help

Could You be more specific, how did You install flash, from where and in what way. That would help

It isn’t really a network question no, Applications might have been a more appropriate section

As Bender said you need to give more info on how you went about installing it, mainly in what way did you ‘become’ root in order to carry out the install

I downloaded from the adobe website, a linux compatible version. and chose “install software” when i “opened with…”

But it’s not only that. I can’t open YaST either, or SaX2 . I just keep getting that error.

(And i don’t know if it’s related, but i can’t update either).

It sounds like you downloaded an rpm, usually I would use Yast, but you say you cannot open Yast either

Are you not being asked for the root password when you’re doing these things?

no.

Could it be cause i didn’t enter a root password when first installing Suse? During the installation itself

This is the message i get when trying to download an update:
User is not permitted: org.freedesktop.packagekit.system-update

And there was also an error message when i rebooted, but i don’t remember what it said. I’ll copy it down next time i reboot.