- At 3:14 pm EST I ran
- Libostree got stuck at 63%
Flatpak is installed. Reason why is relevant. I saw something flash by that said it was an error.
Waited 15 minutes. During this time, system started to degrade. Firefox will not open. New terminals fail to open. Unable to sudo su - in existing other terminals
I was forced to reboot via power button
- System rebooted
tried to re-run zypper dup, it gave me the flatpak / ostree error and completely bombed.
system immediately degraded to unusable again.
reboot command failed.
powered off with power button.
- On Grub, selected readonly snapshot before all this happened.
system booted. checked firefox, network, sudo to root. all was fine
as per grub bootloader instructed.
- System came up fine.
- it completed fine. tried firefox, surfing, and regular work tasks. it was good.
- rebooted to get new kernel
- Created opensuse forum account. Posted this message
Some comments from one engineer to another.
I am glad OpenSuse installer format the partitions the way it wants to. I was reluctant to trust btrfs with root partition, however since this is my laptop I do all my work on, I gave it a leap of faith. I am very glad I did.