Still Alpha (15.3)

Hi!

I have tested jump 15.2 and now leap 15.3- New install with openSUSE-Leap-15.3-DVD-x86_64-Build65.8-Media in -a VirtualBox VM.

I have read surveys of openSUSE and Leap are stable. A lot of effort are from "developers made dist to developers. -Thumbleweed… Down below and my problems in a VM-install. If i hope that Leap will continue(survey()) to prefer on stable… Server side. What about DE?

leap153:~ # zypper dup

-The following 51 NEW packages are going to be installed:

-The following 33 packages are going to be REMOVED:

-The following 1418 packages are going to be downgraded:

-The following 36 patterns are going to be downgraded:

The following product is going to be reinstalled:
“openSUSE Leap 15.3”

-1418 packages to downgrade, 51 new, 33 to remove.
Overall download size: 0 B. Already cached: 1.12 GiB. After the operation, additional 490.9 MiB will be used.

Then some apperently known problems- :

File conflicts happen when two packages attempt to install files with the same name but different contents. If you continue, conflicting files will be replaced losing the previous content.
Continue? [yes/no] (no):yes

Again problems -:

"File conflicts happen when two packages attempt to install files with the same name but different contents. If you continue, conflicting files will be replaced losing the previous content.
Continue? [yes/no] (no):yes

( 116/1500) Installing: libz1-1.2.11-3.12.1.x86_64 …[error]
Installation of libz1-1.2.11-3.12.1.x86_64 failed:
Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: rpm: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27’ not found (required by /usr/lib64/libpopt.so.0)

Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a): i"

"( 116/1500) Installing: libz1-1.2.11-3.12.1.x86_64 …[error]
Installation of libz1-1.2.11-3.12.1.x86_64 failed:
Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: rpm: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27’ not found (required by /usr/lib64/libpopt.so.0)

Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a): a"

Regards by,

Yes, I have done that.

leap153:~ # zypper dup

-The following 51 NEW packages are going to be installed:

-The following 33 packages are going to be REMOVED:

-The following 1418 packages are going to be downgraded:

-The following 36 patterns are going to be downgraded:

The following product is going to be reinstalled:
  "openSUSE Leap 15.3"

-1418 packages to downgrade, 51 new, 33 to remove.

This is because the Leap 15.3 repos are not being properly updated. This is being investigated as
Bug 1180626

Until that is fixed, it is best to not update from the repos.

@jonte1:

Actually, when Alpha testing and, sometimes, with Beta testing, it often pays to simply reinstall from the newest image version …

• Unless, you want to test the patch/update mechanism …
    [LIST]
  • Which should be OK as such anyway because, it don’t change much from release to release …
  • And, during the Alpha/Beta test phases, the patch/update mechanism is often not being strictly adhered to – which is why it’s often better to simply reinstall using the newest image …
  • Until, the final Beta testing phases begin because, the patch/update mechanism should be more strictly adhered to at that phase of testing …

[/LIST]

*I’m reading mailinglist and one of them who is using --nix/

Up in north (Scandinavian) and mayby Owner of SUSE shares.
/regards.

The repos have now been updated.