STEP IN FOR LINKS TO DL 11.1

Index of /disk1/ftp.opensuse.org/opensuse/distribution/11.1

Index of /mirror/ftp.opensuse.org/distribution/11.1

Index of /ftp/opensuse/distribution/11.1

http://opensuse.mirrors.skynet.be/pub/ftp.opensuse.org/opensuse/distribution/11.1/

http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/Mirr…ribution/11.1/

ENJOY!!!

PEOPLE PEOPLE!! LINKS FOR 11.1 GM !!!

why create three seperate threads with the links?

besides they are not beta anymore either so is it the correct thread to post them in at all?

S.

So that more people will know it’s available rotfl!

It should be in Beta because official release is in couple of hours :slight_smile:

sigh yes i suppose people would not be able to read it if it was just posted once.

s.

Because he’s an obsessed geek who needs a check out at the local psychologist :slight_smile:

People are not dumb (well most of them aren’t) and usually can find on their own if they need something.

The point is that the message shows up on the front in openSUSE forums moron.

apart from that being not a very polite thing to say, bumping your original thread would also keep it in top, besides us linux users are generally pretty tech savvy and know to look past the first three posts in a forum so I would not be too afraid people will miss your post if it drops down a spot or two.

PS! your caps-lock seems to be stuck when typing the title of all your posts.

it was nice of you to post the links though for those that cannot wait another few hours, I personally never understood the obsession with getting an operating system early.

thanks,
S.

The point is that posting 1000 threads about 11.1 on this board will not make it more or less popular. People wo are involved with openSUSE and are regulars on this board will know where to get it from. They don’t need three separate threads with almost the same links in them. Those who are new to SUSE can either use the search or look into one central thread where all the links are posted, no need to fragment them, moron.

Stop whining like an old lady and download. Do You have a bad day??

You shouldn’t think that everybody knows how to search for it, even though google is so popular few people actually know how to search in it successfully.

Keep that in mind.

I won’t as I usually skip a few releases so that I can use my SUSE a bit longer. For me I don’t see a point to jump on every release SUSE pushes out, unless there are some MAJOR improvements/additions to it. I’ll upgrade when 12.0 comes out.

Do You have a bad day??

No, I don’t. Do you have one for posting three threads about it?

You shouldn’t think that everybody knows how to search for it, even though google is so popular few people actually know how to search in it successfully.

Keep that in mind.

Everybody does not need to know how to search for it. Most people, unlike you, are not obsessed with an OS and usually don’t monitor servers to see when 11.1 will appear so they can get it as soon as possible like their live depended on it. Most people wait until 11.1 officially pops up on the openSUSE site and get it from there.

Well no one tell’s You to read all posts. If You don’t like it write it (like You did) and finish, there is no need to talk about that. Some people will have to wait many many hours due to time zones so it might be handy for them.

Well, no one can tell me which posts to read as this is my decision. I already wrote about it so I’m done here. I have to agree on the timezones, though, but as I said posting three threads about something is not considered normal and/or very useful. If you really want to make a thread been seen by all, ask a mod to make it sticky.

Do You think mod would make it sticky if it goes about too early release when they want everybody (at least they make us think so) to download at specific time. I understand Your point and agree that i made too many but after some time they will die out naturally :slight_smile:

I would stop with the multiple thread posting of the same info. Ignoring the posting rules and not keeping a topic to one thread may not be received too well by the mods.

Do You really have to comment on that?? What’s the point?? Prove me i am bad like global warming? You won’t achieve anything with that and only lose time for something pointless…End of story, who wants to download will do it, who wants to wait till official release let him do it. Finish, End.

You don’t have to be bad as global warming. There are different levels of “bad”. Forums have rules for a reason. What you did is violate one of these rules by double posting (or in your case triple posting). Now, if everyone started doing this, consider what will happen. For each problem, a user posts two or more threads. This not only will fragment the information/solutions but will also put burden and time on both user and mods to follow the different threads. In the end, you’ll end up with a forum that’s a complete mess and hard to search in. You will have multiple solutions spread over countless threads.

You should consider yourself lucky as this forum does not give strikes or bans users for double posting. I got a strike by doing this on another forum some years ago. When I asked a mod why I got it, he said I did a double fault by first not reading the forum rules which clearly state that double posting = strike and by doing double posting anyway. Most mods here will just warn you not to do that. They won’t strike or ban you, AFAIK.

You won’t achieve anything with that and only lose time for something pointless…End of story, who wants to download will do it, who wants to wait till official release let him do it. Finish, End.

I don’t think it is pointless for the reasons stated above. As with most things in life, one has to respect rules, whether on a forum or somewhere else.

@**benderbendingrodriguez
Chill out multi posting and da bad attitude will NOT be tllerated!

Geoff

Alright alright, i understood Your point, i can read and i do it :wink: I can tell when i made a mistake but writing about that twenty times is just time consuming:) I just wanted to finish thread of multi posting (yes, i won’t do this anymore i promise:)) and finish. Acknowledged alright :slight_smile: Is that enough and now going back to downloading and watching my movie. Have a nice day

Is there any particular need for such abuse? Or the need to bombard us with these threads as if we were children under your care? With all due respect, it’s starting to get a little annoying.