STEAM is working, but several warning messages!

I have installed STEAM for linux and it is running, but I am receiving several warning messages. I am asking for help to solve those issues. On the following lines I will post it:

(steam:5401): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(steam:5401): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
/usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:1163: error: unexpected identifier `direction', expected character `}'

Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 78: saw unknown, expected number

(steamwebhelper:5405): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(steamwebhelper:5405): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
/usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:1163: error: unexpected identifier `direction', expected character `}'

** (steam:5401): WARNING **: Unknown device type 14
** (steam:5401): WARNING **: Could not create object for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/0: unknown object type
Failed to init SteamVR because it isn't installed
sh: lspci: command not found

[0324/220347:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(227)] Running without renderer sandbox
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 78: saw unknown, expected number

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 01:16:01 +0000, tales r wrote:

> I am asking for help to solve those issues.

These are generally not things you need to worry about; they’re
informational messages, mostly intended for developers.

Don’t worry about fixing every warning message you see. If it works,
that’s the important thing. If it doesn’t work, then troubleshoot that.

Jim

Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Exactly what hendersj said.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. If it works then it works.
Steam works here, and it displays a ton of errors on the Terminal. It’s just how Steam works, don’t worry.

I have the Advaita issue it’s a bug with it’s gtk2 visual style, I’m not sure what Desktop you’re using but you can switch the style to another one, this is a simple bug but it can be troublesome for some GTK2 applications (MATE/caja won’t run if you have advaita), the font is more an information then an issue, but regarding to games and steam those issues are pointless.

I have 13.2 32bit is the visual style an issue on 32 bit systems only, what I’m asking is do you guys that run 64 bit have an issue with missing advaita visual styles?