Staff appoinment -- jdmcdaniel3 -- Global Moderator

I’m very pleased to announce that jdmcdaniel3 has been asked to join the Staff as a Global Moderator and has accepted.

Please join me in welcoming James to the team. :slight_smile:

You can see the whole team on the link at the bottom of the home page (view forum leaders).

A hearty warm welcome James. You are a great support in the forum and have fine qualities that will make your work as a Moderator fine indeed.

Hey James, “van harte welkom” to the openSUSE:Forums team - openSUSE . A nice occasion to express my gladness to have you around on the forums. Thanks for accepting.

Congratulations, James. Or should that be “condolences”?

Thanks to everyone for your support here. I really appreciate it. It is my aim to provide as much support and help as possible to all of our forum members. I am still the same person I always have been and if I can help you in anyway I will do so, you only need to ask.

And of course, openSUSE is the best distro: Use it, promote it and help others with it. That is what I will do.

Thank You,

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 22:16:02 +0000, malcolmlewis wrote:

> Please join me in welcoming James to the team. :slight_smile:

Welcome, James!

Jim

Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Welcome aboard as a moderator James. It’s very well deserved. We’re quite lucky to have your fine technical skills, fine attitude to assisting others, and your cool head.

I’m MOST pleased to have you on board as a moderator James. I’ve been taking notes and learning off of your MANY posts. And not only learning from your superb technical knowledge, but more important I’ve been learning from your personality and people skills. Its a pleasure to be posting on the same forum as yourself.

On 11/10/2011 11:16 PM, malcolmlewis wrote:
>
> Please join me in welcoming James to the team. :slight_smile:

congrats!! and thanks for your contribution to open source and openSUSE…

DD
openSUSE®, the “German Automobiles” of operating systems

Again, thanks so much for your welcomes here. It is hard to imagine anyone learning something from me, but I do try my best here. I do suggest four things that really make sense to me if you want to help here.

1. You learn more about any task when you try to help someone else with it.
  2. Try to remember why you are here in the forums and if you are saying things that are helping and not hurting.
  3. Think about your last bad day and how well you dealt with problems. The users you are trying to help could be having that bad day. (And perhaps too much to drink that day.)
  4. Treat others in the forum as you wish to be treated yourself. These sound fairly familiar to you I am sure.

And of course, no one knows it all and is always in need of some kind of help. And as creatures of habit, we often find we have the same error over and over when no else does. Perhaps this is better suited to the philosophy thread here however … lol!

Thank You,

Great principles James, and they’re what I essentially strive for too. From reading your posts, it is obvious you practice what you preach, and you have been one of my ‘benchmarks’ for my approach with support - long before we managed to capture you as a fellow moderator :slight_smile:

Hi James,

I was away for just 30 hours and of course something important happend ;). I am very glad you joined us, we had allready some interesting and fruitfull discussions and have no doubt you are a usefull addition to the team in the same way you allready have been a usefull adiition to our members for some time.

Congratulations :shake:

I might add one:

1. Always keep in mind that “potatoes” doesn’t sound like “tomatoes” to anyone (non native english speaker) in the english forum.

Sorry for being late with my congratulations, James. I just noticed. It’s a good news for the forum and for me (as your friend, I already feel safer here). :slight_smile:

I might add one:

1. Always keep in mind that “potatoes” doesn’t sound like “tomatoes” to anyone (non native english speaker) in the english forum.

Sorry for being late with my congratulations, James. I just noticed. It’s a good news for the forum and for me (as your friend, I already feel safer here). :slight_smile:

Humm, I must ponder the meaning of that one please_try_again. Thanks for your congratulations and consider I am still the same num_nuts as before the appointment. I do wonder what might happen when I press that big red button next to your name now. I don’t remember seeing it there before. lol!

.jpg

Thank You,

Marilyn Monroe will appear from inside that upside down cranberry cake and sing happy birthday to me (today :().

Marilyn Monroe will appear from inside that upside down cranberry cake and sing happy birthday to me (today :().

You could be right. It does say in our manual to make sure the user is sitting down first. Don’t know why.

Thank You,