SSL on Apache

Can Anyone tell me if there is a special configuration to enable SSL on Suse apache?

If I enable it the apache doesn’t start

Check:
/etc/sysconfig/apache2

Find a line called:
APACHE_SERVER_FLAGS=""
->
APACHE_SERVER_FLAGS="-D SSL"

And modify as it seen above - this will load the SSL module. Remember to create a certificate and edit your host settings to support SSL. (You can use a shell script gensslcert (as root) to generate a dummy certificate)

If Apache does not start at all after adding it, check the log file:
/var/log/apache2/error_log

Which will state the reason as to why Apache isn’t starting.

after doing that
here is the error I get in Webmin:

Failed to start apache :

Starting httpd2 (prefork) …failed

In error-log:

[Sun Jun 15 18:10:35 2008] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Sun Jun 15 18:10:36 2008] [error] Server should be SSL-aware but has no certificate configured [Hint: SSLCertificateFile]
[Sun Jun 15 18:11:32 2008] [error] Server should be SSL-aware but has no certificate configured [Hint: SSLCertificateFile]

Right, login to the box and (as root or with root privilieges) run: gensslcert

To get help on what parameters you can give it, use gensslcert -h

Restart Apache after you’ve done it.

still the same…
:confused:
[Sun Jun 15 18:36:47 2008] [error] Server should be SSL-aware but has no certificate configured [Hint: SSLCertificateFile]

Make sure the certificate information in your configuration is pointing to the right files - sounds like it cannot find the certificate at all.

and where is the location of the key fike and the certificate file?

problem solved…I find the certificate files! Thanks for the help!

new problem
If I use ssl on a virtual server it works fine, but I want to use in the default server and I get this error:

Illegal attempt to re-initialise SSL for server (theoretically shouldn’t happen!)

What am I doing wrong?