Spotify + libcurl error

Hello,

I have a reasonable fresh (3 days) installation of openSUSE Tumbleweed, and I haven’t been messing around too deep with anything, so it’s surprising to me that something has broken already.

When I launch Spotify, which was working yesterday, e.g.

flatpak run com.spotify.Client

I get

[spotifywm] attached to spotify
/app/extra/share/spotify/spotify: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by /app/extra/share/spotify/spotify)
/app/extra/share/spotify/spotify: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by /app/extra/share/spotify/spotify)

libcurl4 and libcurl4-32bit are both installed, and the problem persists after sudo zypper dup and a reboot.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Thank you. I promise I Googled it (well, Brave searched it) first . . .

For the time traveler, there’s something wrong with the Flatpak and it might take the devs a while to fix it. The cache gets corrupted randomly preventing Spotify from starting. A temporary fix is to clear the cache by running rm -rf ~/.var/app/com.spotify.Client/cache. Hopefully this gets patched soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.