Sound bugs on suse 11.3/gnome

Hi
I have a strange problem with sound, or maybe It’s ok, I dunno.

The problem is. The first launched program that uses sound, “takes over” the sound or smth, anyway, all programs, started next, just not play sound at all. The only solution is to close all programs using sound and start one I need to “listen”.
When I get into sound settings menu and see the list of programs using sound, I see just one started first.
What’s wrong?
Thanks.

Not sure what the issue might be, but I just posted a script you can run that might help. One of the tests will not work on GNOME, but the rest should. It is new and I am hoping to get some feedback on its usage. Here is the pointer to the script:

S.T.A.R.T. - SuSE Terminal Audio Reporting Tool

One item to look at is the pulseaudio setup and the enable and disable function. I don’t know if it is loaded or if it is enabled on your system. On my home PC, I run KDE and have pulseaudio disabled. However, on my work laptop, with an Intel chipset, sound is not fully functional without pulseaudio being enabled. So, many of the tests are worthwhile. I also have a script to check your basic multimedia setup, which you may also want to try (message #18 has the most recent version):

MMCHECK - Check Your Multimedia in 10 Steps - Script File, as proposed by RedDwarf

While into scripts, I have one last one that can be used to view your error logs, which might hold information about your sound system (message 11 has the most recent version):

S.L.A.V.E. - SuSE Logfile Automated Viewer Engine - Version 2.00

Perhaps something here might be helpful.

Thank You,