Something wrong with uninstalling the programme using YaST

Hi, I am a newbie of OpenSuse.
I have encountered a problem that when I tried to uninstall some programmes, there are another not related programmes are selected automatically.
http://i.imgur.com/ShA7QEi.png
For example, I selected kmines and kpat for uninstall, but openttd-data and openttd-opengfx were selected automatically for other operation.

Typicaly a question for support (and not for something other then support).

This will be moved to Install/Boot/Login and is CLOSED for the moment.

Moved from Looking for something other then support and open again.

This is not a “problem”, but perfectly normal.
Whenever you make some changes to the package selection, YaST reevaluates all dependencies and then tries to solve problems it finds automatically (or presents the user with a conflict resolution dialog if it can’t).

You can prevent that by disabling the option “Autocheck” in the “Dependencies” menu, but YaST will still (have to) do it when you click on “OK”.

For example, I selected kmines and kpat for uninstall, but openttd-data and openttd-opengfx were selected automatically for other operation.

Well, in this particular case, you have openttd installed, which requires openttd-data. So YaST wants to install it to satisfy openttd’s dependencies.
And according to the icon you must have selected openttd-opengfx manually for deinstallation. Why do you say it was “selected automatically for other operation”? Actually openttd-data even recommends it, so it shouldn’t get selected for deinstallation automatically…

But what does look strange to me is that you seem to have openttd-data installed already, right?
The only way I could explain this would be a corrupted RPM database. Try to run “sudo rpmbuild --rebuilddb”.

What I want to say is that I want to deinstall kmines and kpat, but some of the openttd package(previous installed) were selected by the software manager but not me. I have not selected others but just kmines and kpat.

Yes, and I already explained why: YaST reevaluates all packages and their dependencies whenever you make any change, and makes other changes automatically that it deems necessary.
That’s normal (and intended) behaviour.

I have not selected others but just kmines and kpat.

According to your screenshot you must have changed openttd-opengfx manually too, IMHO.
An automatic change is marked differently, similar to openttd-data.

And I am not so sure the RPM database is corrupted as I tried to deinstall the kpat and kmines again after reboot my computer, other packets are not affected this time.(And I have not run"sudo rpmbuild --rebuilddb")

And thanks for answer my question

On 2015-04-28 13:16, plokmpqlamz wrote:

> What I want to say is that I want to deinstall kmines and kpat, but some
> of the openttd package(previous installed) were selected by the software
> manager but not me. I have not selected others but just kmines and kpat.

But openttd is already installed, thus openttd-data gets automatically
selected to complete the installation.

You have to uninstall “openttd”.

If you mean that “openttd” got automatically installed on a previous
run, that might be because it is included in some pattern that you have
installed.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 “Bottle” (Minas Tirith))

Well, that was only a guess, a possible explanation.
Hard to tell now what really was the reason for that exact thing you saw.

Maybe it was a temporary inconsistency in zypp’s cache that got “fixed” by refreshing the repos.
Maybe it was even a filesystem inconsistency that got fixed by the reboot (during boot fsck is called to fix such problems)

FWIW, I don’t think that openttd is part of any patterns.
I don’t have it installed, and it never was selected automatically here.

On 2015-04-28 14:16, wolfi323 wrote:

> FWIW, I don’t think that openttd is part of any patterns.

Games?

> I don’t have it installed, and it never was selected automatically here.

Me neither.

The history file might say. :-?

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 “Bottle” (Minas Tirith))

I do have that installed…

The history file might say. :-?

It might say when/why openttd was installed, but not why openttd-data was selected for updating in the screenshot.

But anyway, AIUI the question was not why openttd (or its dependencies) got installed, but rather about seemingly unrelated changes to the package selection in YaST.
And as you can see in the screenshot, openttd-data was actually installed already. But YaST wanted to “update” it apparently.