So, I just did clean installation of OpenSUSE 13.1 and connected to my home wifi.
When I open browser, then some pages take way longer to load than they should and sometimes they don’t load all.
Sometimes css or images dont get loaded or get loaded several minutes later.
When I install Windows on the same hardware and connect to the same network, everything works just fine. I have aprox. 20 MB/s downlink and 0.5MB/s uplink.
Same happens with both Chrome and Firefox.
I have experienced similar problem on two laptops and with many different distros, althought they all might have been GNOME.
When I reload pages (even Ctrl+Shift+r), then usually they load normally. Not always thought.
Not all pages seem to be affected, but I have not found a pattern yet. Will try to memorise pages, that do it and pages that don’t.
Has anyone seen something like that before?
Where should I start debugging it?
As much as I have tested so far, it does not seem to depend on wheter page uses https or not.
On 2013-12-10 15:16, ervion wrote:
> Where should I start debugging it?
Change DNS server.
Disable IPv6 on browser, or on entire system.
Cheers / Saludos,
Carlos E. R.
(from 12.3 x86_64 “Dartmouth” at Telcontar)
Did you run an online update, i.e. install the latest updates, incl. flashplayer?
Do you have this behaviour when connecting to other networks, i.e. other ISP’s? Like Carlos indicates, some ISP’s don’t support IPv6 (or say they do where they actually don’t), this can cause time-outs on internet requests. It can be turned of throug Yast - System - Sysconfig editor, needs a reboot to be effected.
Another option you have is to edit the settings of your wifi access, through “Manage Connections”.
Set it to “DHCP - address only” and use 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 as DNS’s (Google’s free DNS servers), your router’s IP as the gateway. Make sure that “Use IPv4” is checked.
Updated entire system, configured wifi interface: DNS 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199; IPv6 method: ignore
Facebook loaded immideately, but for excample en.opensuse.org/SDB:Skype page took over a minute to load.