Some of the features not working in open suse Linux and working well in other os.

Hi I am Rupesh from India and I am using open suse Linux since 14 years and encountered errors none but now not.

I have brought new PC with Intel i3 10th gen processor and h150 motherboard.

First I have downloaded open suse leap 15.3 and installed but I am unable to boot into system properly without deleting nomodeset in grub file.

After that I have downloaded open suse tumblewood and this time I am able to boot into system properly without specifying nomodeset.

Still I am not satisfied because each and every time I connect my pc and android smartphone for usb tethering the connection lasts for 25 seconds and after that disconnected. I have tried a lot to make it work but it’s not possible.

I have opened the service manager and found the following with on boot

network manager dispatcher inactive dead

network manager online inactive dead

This happened both for leap and tumblewood.

Finally I have downloaded Fedora 35 and this time I am able to boot into system properly and tethering is working properly. When I connect with my android smartphone for usb tethering in desktops like xfce the connection lasts for 25 seconds and after that disconnected. In gnome desktop the connection lasts forever.

Finally not to say windows don’t have any such errors for example usb tethering works for hours without disconnection.

Hi I have at last succeeded in booting into open suse leap 15.3 with high resolution.

From the past one month I have tried a number of ways to boot properly into Linux system with full hardware support by installing Fedora 35, Debian 11.2, Ubuntu 21, open suse leap 15.3, open suse tumblewood etc.,. In the above process my worst experience is working with Debian as there is no xorg.conf, sddm.conf etc.,. Fedora 35 is somewhat better and after that Ubuntu 21 is better than Fedora 35 and after that open suse tumblewood is somewhat better than Ubuntu and finally open suse leap 15.3 is many times better than open suse tumblewood.

Today I have installed open suse leap 15.3 and while installing I have disabled installation of all packages related to amd, Radeon, nvidia and after that I have selected all packages related to hardware, drivers etc.,. When I boot into boot screen of leap installation I have added nomodeset and after booting into open suse leap I have installed latest version of intel media driver and after that I have removed nomodeset option in kernel line of grub.cfg and added plymouth=0. After that I have checked the x11 log file and found that i965 driver is loaded.

I have searched intel media driver in Debian but I can’t find and they suggested other things like you have to download firmware iso etc.,. In Ubuntu after installing some packages I got errors as 3 packages are broken try to fix them and I have tried a lot to solve this issue but I can’t.

At present everything is working fine with open suse leap except while using usb tethering network is disconnected for every 7 minutes.

Any one of you try to suggest how to connect to internet always through android tethering.