Some newbie questions about wireless and suse 11

Hey everyone,
I’ve been playing around with Ubuntu for a little bit now, but I couldn’t get my wireless card to work. I searched all over the internet, and nothing would work right. So I tried Suse 10.3 and followed the instructions on this site for getting a broadcom device working using the bcm43xx-fwcutter and it worked like a charm! I couldn’t believe it worked so well, so I decided that I’d download the newest vers. 11 and do the same thing, and it didn’t work. The first command ‘sux -’ didn’t work, then the bcm43xx-fwcutter command didn’t work, and when I figured out it was b43-fwcutter I tried that, it wouldn’t let me load my bcmwl5.sys driver like in 10.3. So I’m a little sad, my question is, can I set it up in 10.3 then use the dvd to upgrade to 11? Will it keep my wireless driver settings? My other question is about the update process, I keep getting errors in 11, I didn’t know if its a common problem right now because its new. Thanks for all your time! Oh, if you need to know, I’m running it on a Compaq presario 2200 2210US. My wireless device is BCM94306. Thanks again for your help!!
-Sonny

if you have a wired connection type this in a console

sudo /usr/sbin/install_bcm43xx_firmware

that should get you up & running

Andy

ok, I tried it, it just didn’t want to work, but I got the ndiswrapper to work, which wouldn’t work at all on Ubuntu, thats why I thought it wouldn’t work, but it works great! Thank you!
-Sonny

Cool, glad you got it working,now, enjoy :slight_smile:

Andy