Some GNOME apps run CPU 100% and then cause crash

Hi all,
I am trying to solve problems with Orca screen reader on Opensuse 11.1 on my sisters laptop (HP 550 with Celeron, Intel graphics and 1GB ram).

Today I worked a little bit with her machine and found out that sometimes, some native gnome apps accidentally use up to 100% CPU and then cause freeze or crash. I saw it today with Nautilus, Gnome panel or Gnome ICU. I do not think this is normal. Is there any way to find out where is the problem?

In xsession errors I found this but I do not know if this is related to this problem:

** (gnome-system-monitor:5268): WARNING **: SELinux was found but is not enabled.

Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property `GtkTreeView::odd-row-color' of type `GdkColor' from rc file value "((GString*) 0x83ae4b0)" of type `GString'
Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property `GtkTreeView::odd-row-color' of type `GdkColor' from rc file value "((GString*) 0x826b560)" of type `GString'
*** nss-shared-helper: Shared database disabled (set NSS_USE_SHARED_DB to enable).
sh: pactl: command not found
/usr/bin/firefox: line 126:  5318 Neoprávněný přístup do paměti (SIGSEGV)                     $MOZ_PROGRAM "$@"
Initializing nautilus-open-terminal extension
Initializing nautilus-share extension
Initializing nautilus-dice extension

** (nautilus:5425): WARNING **: Unable to add monitor: Nepodporováno
Nautilus-Share-Message: REFRESHING SHARES
Nautilus-Share-Message: ------------------------------------------
Nautilus-Share-Message: spawn arg "net"
Nautilus-Share-Message: spawn arg "usershare"
Nautilus-Share-Message: spawn arg "info"
Nautilus-Share-Message: end of spawn args; SPAWNING

Nautilus-Share-Message: returned from spawn: SUCCESS: 
Nautilus-Share-Message: exit code 255
Nautilus-Share-Message: ------------------------------------------
Nautilus-Share-Message: Called "net usershare info" but it failed: 'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare: usershares are currently disabled

Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property `GtkTreeView::odd-row-color' of type `GdkColor' from rc file value "((GString*) 0x8592720)" of type `GString'
Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property `GtkTreeView::odd-row-color' of type `GdkColor' from rc file value "((GString*) 0x826b560)" of type `GString'
*** nss-shared-helper: Shared database disabled (set NSS_USE_SHARED_DB to enable).
sh: pactl: command not found

(firefox:5465): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

I first though that the problems - some system sounds not working (email notification in evolution etc., audio/video in totem is ok, startup sound also), Orca instable and slow; was caused by pulse-audio, but now it looks like there is another problem.

I added full hardware info from Yast here:
File Name: hardware.txt
Size: 686KB |
Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

It would be great if anybody could give me na advice to solve the problem. :’(

PS: is it normal, that Firefox (version 3.0.8) takes about 60% CPU when only browsing normal web pages (no youtube, no video, adblock is active) with about 7 panels opened?