Software Update wants to update "choqoc" which is not installed

Hi,

my Software Update wants to update “choqoc”. However, it’s not installed. What to do?

xxx@linux-9a0h:~> rpm -qa | grep choqok
xxx@linux-9a0h:~> 

From a root terminal try

zypper info choqok

It will tell you if it’s installed or not. Read the description, and if you think it’s OK, then install it with

zypper in choqok

If it’s not installed the update shouldn’t come up for installation! It’s a bad update. I had trouble with this one, but I am not on that system at the moment so can’t tell if it has been corrected or gone away. It didn’t actually update anything, just sat there continually saying it was updating.

You could take a look at what is going on by going to Yast>Software>Online Update. (I didnt have time).

well, like i said, its not installed.

linux:~ # zypper info choqok
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

Information for package choqok:

Repository: openSUSE-11.3-Update
Name: choqok
Version: 0.9.90+svn1171227-1.2.1
Arch: x86_64
Vendor: openSUSE
Installed: No
Installed Size: 3.3 MiB
Summary: Micro-Blogging Client for KDE
Description: 
A Free/Open Source micro-blogging client for the K Desktop Environment.
The name comes from an ancient Persian word which means Sparrow.
It currently supports twitter.com and identi.ca services.

It will tell you if it’s installed or not. Read the description, and if you think it’s OK, then install it with

zypper in choqok

but i do not want to install it. thats the point, its not installed and Software Update wants to update it…

that shows this conflict:

patch:choqok-3320.noarch conflicts
with libqoauth1.x86_64 < 1.0.1-2.1.1 provided by
libqoauth1-1.01-0.pm.3.1.x86_64

- install libqoauth1-1.0.1-2.1.1.x86_64 (with vendor change)
- do not install patch:choqok-3320.noarch

here is a screenshot: screen.png
that shows, that this patch applies NOT to the package “choqok”, but actually to libqoauth1. so updating libqoauth1 from the opensuse update repo solved this… thx!

brian_j, well done and thanks for the useful feedback. :slight_smile:

please disregard my next message, which will come in via the NNTP interface shortly. didn’t know that the problem had been solved already.

phani.

thats what i always try, but neverless too often fail…well anyway thanks for your help!

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:36:02 +0530, consused <consused@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

> If it’s not installed the update shouldn’t come up for installation!
> It’s a bad update. I had trouble with this one, but I am not on that
> system at the moment so can’t tell if it has been corrected or gone
> away. It didn’t actually update anything, just sat there continually
> saying it was updating.
>You could take a look at what is going on by going to
> Yast>Software>Online Update. (I didnt have time).

probably a good idea to find out what’s going on and report it to whoever is responsible (?). in the meantime you should be able to lock the package in it’s not-installed state, preventing zypper & yast to consider it for updates.

phani.

No worries. This type of update problem has happened before, so I guess the packagers know about this problem. It seems to occur when a dependency of another package is the target of the update, but the package itself isn’t to be updated and isn’t installed by default.