Software Management error.

When i click on ‘Software management’ I get this error, it says ‘Error while creating client module sw_single’.

I’m a newbie to suse and linux, using it for the first time. I wanted to download Adobe flash player, so I read here Install the latest Adobe flash player, the rpm way - openSUSE Forums that I have to open ‘Software management’ and search for flash. When opening it, I get this error… Please help!

Not sure what the cause of that error message might be. (Maybe an incomplete update caused a problem with yast). Anyway, this may fix the problem for you. Open a console, and do

su (to become root, enter root password when prompted)
zypper ve

Follow the prompts. See if that helps.

To install flash-player, try

zypper in flash-player

(Of course, this assumes you have the update or non-free repo enabled if using openSUSE 11.2)

Hi deano

I did as you told me, entered the password, then i entered zypper ve. It then gave me an error

zypper: error while loading shared libraries: libzypp.so.619: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This seems to be a somewhat common problem. No one as figured out why some people are getting it and most are not. Here is a possible solution.

YAST, zypper corrupted after aborting update - openSUSE Forums

zypper: error while loading shared libraries: libzypp.so.619: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Yes, check out the thread provided by gogalthorp. I’ve seen a few threads with this zypper error.