Software app showing updates from Opensuse (connected via USB) repositories?!

I’ve got a Fedora 39 machine. I created a live media of Tumbleweed (20240326). While this USB is connected to the system, the software store shows updates from the Tumbleweed repository. I checked the Software Repositories option; there was an entry for Opensuse Tumbleweed, and it was enabled (attached image). When I remove the drive, the updates and repository disappear. What is going on? Is this expected? I usually update fedora using dnf, and there are no issues there. I happened to open the software store and found this.

Fedora Version 39
Gnome Software Version 45.3
Opensuse Tumbleweed in USB (20240326 Snapshot)

Output of ls /etc/yum.repos.d/

_copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:phracek:PyCharm.repo
fedora-cisco-openh264.repo
fedora.repo
fedora-updates.repo
fedora-updates-testing.repo
google-chrome.repo
rpmfusion-free.repo
rpmfusion-free-updates.repo
rpmfusion-free-updates-testing.repo
rpmfusion-nonfree-nvidia-driver.repo
rpmfusion-nonfree.repo
rpmfusion-nonfree-steam.repo
rpmfusion-nonfree-tainted.repo
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates.repo
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing.repo

which is no surprise as dnf is normal.

sudo dnf upgrade --refresh

Copr repo for PyCharm owned by phracek 1.8 kB/s | 2.1 kB 00:01
Fedora 39 - x86_64 15 kB/s | 3.4 kB 00:00
Fedora 39 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64 5.5 kB/s | 989 B 00:00
Fedora 39 - x86_64 - Updates 12 kB/s | 3.2 kB 00:00
google-chrome 5.7 kB/s | 1.3 kB 00:00
RPM Fusion for Fedora 39 - Free 1.4 kB/s | 1.5 kB 00:01
RPM Fusion for Fedora 39 - Free - Updates 2.6 kB/s | 2.0 kB 00:00
RPM Fusion for Fedora 39 - Free - Updates 51 kB/s | 241 kB 00:04
RPM Fusion for Fedora 39 - Nonfree 1.8 kB/s | 1.5 kB 00:00
RPM Fusion for Fedora 39 - Nonfree tainted 14 kB/s | 14 kB 00:01
RPM Fusion for Fedora 39 - Nonfree - Updates 2.9 kB/s | 2.0 kB 00:00
RPM Fusion for Fedora 39 - Nonfree - Updates 23 kB/s | 86 kB 00:03
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

One more info that could be useful. I ran a virtual machine in fedora machine using Gnome Boxes using the same ISO. That VM is not in use (deleted a week ago). Both /.local/share/gnome-boxes/images/ and /var/lib/libvirt/images are empty. Later, I loaded the same ISO into the USB Stick which is causing the issue.

Also, the snapshot I used was 20240326, which was affected by the xz backdoor issue (if relevant).

Maybe this is a question for the Fedora forum and/or the Gnome devs.

okey. thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.