So what do you think so far?

We have a new Forum and it will take getting used to the way it looks and operates. Heres a opening poll to let you start expressing initial thoughts.

I selected Alberq… … hmmm … where ?? … I don’t know where it is !! Can I vote twice?

Anyway, next week should be the defining moment, as the membership rushes in with a lot of comments and frustrations in trying to revive active old threads, and an assortment of complaints. We should be quite busy!

Poll options can now include more than one choice. I like that as a feature for future Polls. It will certainly be something new to try out.

Ahhhaaa!! ONLY NOW do you tell me, … after I am forced to publicly admit my horrible geography knowledge. :smiley:

In truth, it looks great! :slight_smile: I’m excited about sharing a common forum with members, mods and admins from all three forums combined.

hrmph,still no sign of the celebratory cake, ah well, voted undecided, but, not sure about that decision :smiley:

Andy

Looking good although I’m a little troubled about MattB… :wink:

Alot of us thought that about him :stuck_out_tongue:

is the poll for the new forum looks:confused:

Don’t really like it but I think I’ll get used to it

Yeah, some things are different that I will just have to get used to. Good to see Daph and MC in their new iterations just in time for SUSE 11!

As for troubled about MattB, he is expected to do fine after the operation, the mechanics have assured us with a little body putty and a new paint job he will be good to go. Now about that insurance payment… :cool:

thanks MattBClassic

As for troubled about MattB, he is expected to do fine after the operation, the mechanics have assured us with a little body putty and a new paint job he will be good to go. Now about that insurance payment… :cool:

:smiley:

Hello,

Welcome all back to the new forum :smiley:

I think, so far so good. I needs getting used to the new design I really liked the design of the old suselinuxsupport forum :stuck_out_tongue: The (new) functionalities are looking good so far (for example the double click feature to mark posts as read in the board overview seems to be a good new feature for me :slight_smile: ).

So let’s hope that the new forum will be as successful as the old ones

I like the idea of combining all the forums into one, and it being on the SUSE website, but I voted undecided. It’s not anything wrong with the forum itself, but I have to get used to the new forum. The other topic that made me vote undecided was the skin. It’s great to get the job done, but (I already posted a suggesting in the Suggestion/Comment area, so I’ll keep it short), a skin similar to the SUSE main page would definitely make it pop and give it a great look.

Other than that, great job! :slight_smile:

What skin are you using opensuse-forums does this or am I missing something? The contrast between the 2 is quite different.

Hm…

IMO, it needs more green, it’s too plain right now

It is a change and changes are always strange in the beginning. So, either I get used to it or I’ll ask for another skin/theme :wink:

The only difference I see is the server and group names in my newsreader.
-jt

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 16:38:39 +0000, some-guy wrote:

> Hm…
>
> IMO, it needs more green, it’s too plain right now

Good job! I like them :slight_smile:

Less talk more donuts, please. Mmmmmmmh donuts…

What you missed the stack of the Jelly donuts with multicolored sprinkles by the Front door? There was a whole lot just before kgroneman showed up. Have to go look. :o