setting up webyast on openSUSE 12.3

Hello,

I try to get set a server with 12.3. Having no X on this machine, I would like to use webyast (I used to use yast ncurse). I installed webyast and I connect to it from home.

But when I try to use the documentation, I notice I have no “setup” icon in the screen. I just have “**Signed in successfully” then granted.

**If I clic on webyast icon, I get a starting screen with all the icons " Status not available (no permissions)"

so, obviously, I have to make some setup by hand. Where can I find a documentation? I don’t find any on the webyast portal

thanks
jdd

On 2013-03-30 16:16, jdd wrote:

> so, obviously, I have to make some setup by hand. Where can I find a
> documentation? I don’t find any on 'the webyast portal ’
> (http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:WebYaST)

maybe here:

http://doc.opensuse.org/#webyast-doc

There is a user guide and a vendor guide.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.1 x86_64 “Asparagus” at Telcontar)

yes, but it’s there that it’s said that a setup pages open. I have no such page and no file for the setup

thanks
jdd

Hello again :slight_smile:

I finally gave up with webyast, it seems to be mostly done for sles (according to the documentation).

I will,stay with yast ncurse

thanks
jdd

Mind, it’s not you. Same experiences here.

On 2013-03-31 13:26, Knurpht wrote:
>
> jdd;2543002 Wrote:
>> Hello again :slight_smile:
>>
>> I finally gave up with webyast, it seems to be mostly done for sles
>> (according to the documentation).
>>
>> I will,stay with yast ncurse

> Mind, it’s not you. Same experiences here.

I know about webyast, because I translate it to Spanish, but that’s all:
I have never used it.

Well, I translated: the webyast developers have not even bothered to
supply the translator team with the strings to work in. In the past I
created bugzillas to nag them with this, but I have become fedup with
their negligence and no longer bother. If they don’t care, why should I?

So now webyast translations are not updated to any language since 12.2.

And… maybe the same as they don’t care about the translations, they
don’t care about other issues affecting openSUSE webyast. Dunno. I hoped
not.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.1 x86_64 “Asparagus” at Telcontar)

Same issue here. I did a bit of debugging and found this is a permission issue:

...check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.kerberos.read"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.kerberos.write"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.language.read"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.language.write"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.ldap.read"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.ldap.write"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.licenses.accept"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.mailsettings.read"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.mailsettings.write"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.metrics.read"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.metrics.writelimits"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.network.read"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.network.write"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.ntp.setserver"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.ntp.synchronize"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)
check permissions "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.packages.read"] for user root with result "NOPERM"] (Polkit1)

I tried using polkit-auth, but this doesn’t seem to be available on 12.3. Any idea how I can grant these permissions.