seeking documentation of 'terminal options'

Hi,

I’ve created a shortcut on my desktop to a script I created to provide easy access to display brightness on my second monitor (this isn’t accessible from Powerdevil widget).
Now I’m wanting to set the size of the terminal window that pops up (to something smallish), so I’m guessing that ‘Terminal options’ would be the place to configure this - unfortunately, duck-ducking hasn’t retrieved any mentions of this across the whole big old worldwide web.

Can anyone tell me where these Terminal options are documented?

These are the same options that are accessed by R-clicking a *.desktop file and selecting: Properties > Application tab > Advanced options > Terminal options

thanks - JS

Here’s the contents of the desktop file:

**[Desktop Entry]**
Comment[en_GB]=
Comment=
Exec=/home/jeremy/Documents/displayBrightness.sh
GenericName[en_GB]=
GenericName=
Icon=video-display
MimeType=
Name[en_GB]=Brightness
Name=Brightness
Path=
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=true
**TerminalOptions=**
Type=Application
X-DBUS-ServiceName=
X-DBUS-StartupType=none
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
X-KDE-Username=

OpenSUSE 15.3
plasmashell 5.18.6
[FONT=monospace]Qt: 5.12.7
KDE Frameworks: 5.76.0
kf5-config: 1.0

[/FONT]

You seem to run KDE (from your signature, not from your problem description). Thus can we conclude that you ask about Konsole? Or do you use another terminal emulator?

When Konsole, it has the possibilty to configyre several profiles. And in a profile you can define what the initial terminal size is (columns x rows). It requires a gneral setting to be disabled. See from the menu bar of a console instance: Settings > Edit current Profle for the exact text. The same place via: Settings > Configure Konsole and the Profiles item.

You seem to be asking about the options in a “*.desktop” file. Those should be the command line options for the terminal emulator application that is used. It’s up to you to identify which terminal emulator is used. If it is “konsole”, then you can find the command line options with:

konsole --help

@Henk - thanks, that’s helpful - I wasn’t necessarily looking to change the profile settings, as I only want to set a specific size for this pop-up script, but it helps to know that I also need to disable the general setting.

@nrickert - thanks, I see from the options revealed by konsole --help that I can’t set size directly, so will indeed have to create an appropriate profile, and then specify that as a Terminal option. Unless I can use the -p <property=value> option…

I hope to get a look at this later.