Secure Mobile Disaster Recovery

Our IT administrators carry laptops that allow them to ensure business continuity in the event of a disaster. The company’s data security policies prohibit corporate data from residing on non-company’s hardware.

Loss of laptops leads to financial losses. Therefore, we need to create a highly secure disaster recovery and business resumption solution for IT administrators in a highly mobile form factor.

Please suggest a solution.

What’s in it for me?

Since the laptops contain sensitive data, they are more susceptible to loss or theft. Some un-identified risks associated with, are like:

• The replacement cost of the lost laptop hardware

• A complex and urgent process of determining what data may have been compromised

• Competitive and legal risks of unauthorized use of corporate data by a competitor or third party

The problem is very severe and need some immediate solution, please help.

Not very constrictive jengelh… :rolleyes:

@HeaveSmith

I’m not doing anything as intensely with this, but you could have a look at setting up encrypted partitions (securing unauthorized mounting partition on your & other systems) combined with truecrypt (hidden)volumes.

I’ve been using two truecrypt volumes for three/four years to store all my sensitive data… Very good software that I can recommend!
TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux

What is also very nice is that is cross platform giving more flexibility in standardizing methods though different OS’es.

Please let us know how you go as this is a subject of interest!

Cheers,
Wj