Seagate GoFlex HDD need to fix

I have a seagate goflex hdd, some time back did copy some data from a computer (windows) now its showing drive need to fix on windows 7.

The same hdd is working fine on opensuse 11.4, it is just a virus problem or the drive is actually failing down?

Thanks…

If it’s in ntfs or vfat and windows thinks it’s in need of fixing. Why not let windows scan it for errors?

yea its ntfs, I tried to scan it by windows but the scan hang at end and some large video files and iso files turned to 0 byte,
and those videos were playing perfectly in linux, thats I am sure about…

I can’t really say I know what windows does, but it seems it should know how to manage it’s own type of file system.
Has windows created a hidden file/folder related to the scan, I think it does, but not sure.

What does Linux see now with these large files that turned to zero?

Those were size 0 in linux too, (after fixing) and I lost 50/60 gb data.

Now I am using ‘go without fix’ option and drive seems to be work fine…should I reformat it ? Is ext4 is supported by 7?

Those were size 0 in linux too, (after fixing) and I lost 50/60 gb data.

Now I am using ‘go without fix’ option and drive seems to be work fine…should I reformat it ? Is ext4 is supported by 7?

If you have “saved” all data worth keeping, it might be a good idea to reformat the drive though we don’t know why it had a problem. A sudden shutdown, like a power failure or accidental power down from power brick or even the power switch can create such as issue. As for EXT4, this is not supported by Windows 7, only NTFS and FAT32 can be used between systems and openSUSE can not create a NTFS partition, only Windows can do that for now. Do you mount this drive from your fstab file or just use automount for the NTFS drive? If you do not know, you can give us a copy of the fstab file by using the following command in terminal and posting the text here in a message using the advanced editor and a code (#) block like below:

cat /etc/fstab

Thank You,

Thanks for the support, I formated the drive in the morning, I use automount for this drive, I tried the fstab command and its shows only the internal hdd i.e. ext4 drive, this one is usb portable.

Thanks once again the disk is working fine now (or atleast seems to be).