sddm: switch user does not work anymore

Starting with TW 20171009 switch user does not work anymore. Any idea?

Also using 20171007 and sddm display manager - appears to works OK here, although it’s not a feature I use so perhaps I’m doing it differently to yourself.

“Power / Session - Switch User” initially offers “New Session” (Switch, and login as 2nd user), subsequent “Power / Session - Switch User” enables switching between the users.

Sorry, misread your TW snapshot version. :embarrassed:

Just did a zypper dup to 20171009 and indeed switch user does appear to be broken in that snapshot. Clicking on the “Switch” button does nothing.

Looks like it’s been fixed upstream a few minutes ago:
https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-workspace.git/commit/?id=ac40f7dec47df9c48fa55d90be67ea4cbebcb09d

Please try to modify the installed file /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.openSUSE.desktop/contents/components/UserDelegate.qml locally and report whether it fixes the problem you experience. (if you use the openSUSE look and feel, that is, otherwise replace “org.openSUSE.desktop” with the proper folder name)

If yes, I’ll add that patch to our package, though 5.11.1 is to be released next Tuesday anyway.

--- /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.openSUSE.desktop/contents/components/UserDelegate-Original.qml    2017-10-05 13:53:30.000000000 +0100
+++ /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.openSUSE.desktop/contents/components/UserDelegate.qml    2017-10-11 16:39:41.000000000 +0100
@@ -28,6 +28,7 @@

property bool isCurrent: true

+    readonly property var m: model
     property string name
     property string userName
     property string avatarPath

Does indeed restore the switch user function.

Ok, thanks for confirming.
I submitted the fix:

I cannot guarantee that it will enter Factory/Tumbleweed before 5.11.1 (which will contain the fix anyway) though. :wink:

Adding the line does the trick. No restart required. :slight_smile:

It worked but with oxygen theme I had to edit the breeze file as well.
/usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.openSUSE.desktop/contents/components/UserDelegate.qml
/usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breeze.desktop/contents/components/UserDelegate.qml

Yes.
Oxygen doesn’t come with a separate switch user screen and just uses the one from the default theme (breeze).

Btw, the fixed package is still in staging unfortunately, and has meanwhile been superseeded by 5.11.1 (which contains the fix anyway).
No idea how long that will take to go through…

PS: It should maybe be noted that this actually is (was) a bug in the breeze desktop theme…
The openSUSE theme “inherited” it though as we just copy the files and do only minor modifications.