Screensavers under KDE4.4

I recently updated to OpenSUSE 11.3 with KDE 4.4.4 . I do not find the great series of screensavers which existed in previous versions. I look in sysemsettings, desktop, but there I find only two version of blank screen as screensaver and no way to install something else.
Sincerely,
Hubert

Puzzling; I have many screensavers listed - a lot under openGL. Mine are in /usr/share/kde4/services/ScreenSavers/

You can install “kdeartwork4-screensaver”

I got some of the old screensavers working. The problem is that KDE4 uses a slightly different description file than KDE3. I still had the old KDE3 screensavers, but I had to change Type=Application in Type=Service, to remove X-KDE-Category=… and Categories=Screensavers, and add X-KDE-ServiceType=ScreenSavers to make the old screensavers show up in the list. Of course the place of the list is also different:
in KDE3 it is /opt/kde3/share/applnk/System/ScreenSavers/, in KDE4 it is /usr/share/kde4/services/ScreenSavers/.

Installing kdeartwork4-sreensavers would have needed a complete change of the KDE system by replacing the files from SUSE by files from KDE: Distro factory on OBS. Quite strange also!
Thanks for the hints!

Installing kdeartwork4-sreensavers would have needed a complete change of the KDE system by replacing the files from SUSE by files from KDE: Distro factory on OBS. Quite strange also!

kdeartwork4-screensaver-4.4.4 is in the update repository. Should be installable without a vendor change. Click the versions tab in yast an select the package from openSUSE-update.