Screen saver in 13.1

I’ve just downloaded the xscreensaver package now am finding that 13.1 doesn’t have the same panels as the prior release to enable the screensavers. How is it done with 13.1 ?

On 2013-11-30 17:16, stansaraczewski wrote:
>
> I’ve just downloaded the xscreensaver package now am finding that 13.1
> doesn’t have the same panels as the prior release to enable the
> screensavers. How is it done with 13.1 ?

You will have to say what desktop you are using.


Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.3 x86_64 “Dartmouth” at Telcontar)

I am running GNOME… and thank you for responding.

There are two desktops possible, right ? KDE or GNOME - what would one do for either ?

On 2013-11-30 22:26, stansaraczewski wrote:
>
> I am running GNOME… and thank you for responding.

I don’t currently use that one. But somebody else can know and chip in.

> There are two desktops possible, right ? KDE or GNOME - what would one
> do for either ?

There are dozens; those are just the most popular. I use XFCE and LXDE,
and an older version of gnome on a laptop.


Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.3 x86_64 “Dartmouth” at Telcontar)

No matter how careful one is there is always something critical left out of the question. Ah well… thank goodness it isn’t too important. Just a ‘nice to have’.

stansaraczewski wrote:
>
> I am running GNOME… and thank you for responding.
>
> There are two desktops possible, right ? KDE or GNOME - what would one
> do for either ?
>
>
The answer for GNOME is here :-

http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/491371-screen-saver-suse-12-3-gnome-xscreensaver.html


GNOME 3.10.1
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) 64-bit
Kernel Linux 3.11.6-4-desktop