Screen not properly refreshed

Hi,

I actually don’t know what was the cause of this.

Because of some display problems such as openSUSE freezes with external monitors, I have included xorg repository and updated relevant packages.

A couple of days ago, suddenly my system started not refreshing the screen properly. For example, when I change a folder in Nautilus, the file pane is blank even though there are lots of files. The files appear when I move mouse cursor around or I activate some other window with alt-tab, and get back. Or in OpenOffice Witer, if I press arrow keys, there are lots of residual image of the cursor.

So the screen is not properly refreshed right now, and I wonder what I should do to fix this. Please let me know.

-Joon

I suspect your solution to one problem might have caused the other
You need to give more detail on your setup

Sorry. I keep forgetting giving the setup. So I’m using openSUSE 11.3 64bit, with Gnome. Intel Graphics. Please let me know what else do you need.

I have 2 machines with Intel Graphics and they work perfectly.
I know some issues exist, particularly in KDE
So I’m wondering what caused you to use/add xorg

First of all it was crashing when I change desktop background.
Then plugging in/out external monitors caused my system to freeze (mouse cursor moves, but black screens)
And coming out from the suspension often caused system crash or freeze.

I found using xorg at least enabled me to change desktop background.

And other problems seems to be somewhat mitigated after I turned off the screensaver. It is strange because I didn’t have this problem in 11.2

The following thread is related: openSUSE freezing & crashing

Anyway, I just downgraded to xorg-x11-server stuff to updates repository, and the problem of this thread (refreshing) was solved. I deleted xorg repository.

Thanks.

Anyway, I just downgraded to xorg-x11-server stuff to updates repository, and the problem of this thread (refreshing) was solved. I deleted xorg repository.

Which is what I wanted to say but didn’t.
Thanks for filling us in.