scanning with canon-mp620 multifunction

I am using OpenSuse 13.2 and I have a Canon Multi-function printer/scanner - MP620 series. I’ve installed cups-bjnp.

I’m able to install the printer as a network printer and it works fine but not the scanner.
I try the command :
scanimage -L
and i have a message : “no scanner is detected”. So i don’t know how to fix that ?
Thanks for help.

You will find the Scangear (and other Linux drivers) for the MP610 here. If these do not work (I believe they do), search this same area and try the MP628 drivers. But, I think they are identical, AFAIR.

http://search-asia.canon-asia.com/canon__asia_en__asia_p_en/search.x?q=&ie=utf8&cat=0&ct=Support&pagemax=10&imgsize=1&pdf=ok&zoom=1&hf=category zubaken&cf=model_sm%3APIXMA+MP610&modelName=PIXMA+MP610&ref=support-asia.canon-asia.com&pid=jAci2jWjxMtgw_bJwB_T1Q…&qid=NjWf7OGNnei3ovCe07417xC7j2s5IqGL&d=DOWNLOADS%09Linux

Make certain you read all the directions before installing the drivers.

I have also found that, occasionally, you might have to make some very minor adjustments to the method they outline for installing the drivers.

I finally succeed to detect my scanner via YAST with the option : scanning by network.
It’s works fine now.

Linux is so powerful !