SB Audigy 2 ZS No Sound

The same problem no sound and nothing change it. i think it’s a kmix problem.

Thanks to AcetheFace and OldCPU for the help.

Just as AcetheFace said, after you enable the AnalogMix it will be shown in the panel but will have checkmark in the Mute. Uncheck it, and you should have sound.

I feel like such a n00b for not seeing the obvious :smiley:

Thanks to all. I had the exact same problem with my Audigy 2. I think it might be a problem every Audigy owner will have. Or at least every Audigy owner with motherboard sound as well.

It looks like we have to get use to a new forum. I hope it’s as helpful as the earlier ones that were merged. I found a lot of tips there.

First check that alsa-firmware is installed, YaST is easiest,
software -> software management and just search for it. If it’s
not installed, install. Next, check hardware -> sound. Make sure
that the soundcard you want to use is default. If not set as 0
use the button ‘Other’ and in the menu there set it as default.
Make sure to have it configured, ought to have driver snd-emu10k1
Ok, ‘finish’ to exit&save. Now you got the basics installed.

From konsole if not lower-right corner, open kmix.
From here open
settings -> configure channels -> check ‘Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack’ -> press ‘Ok’
Now there will be a new line with the name ‘Audigy Ana… Jack’.
If checked, uncheck it. Play something :slight_smile:

Just a small note, every time you open up Sound in YaST it
rechecks the mute option and hence every time you have to redo
the unchecking. Don’t ask me why, it has issues…

This worked for me with a Audigyb 2 ZS card on OpenSUSE 11.0 64bit.
No garantee this will work but OpenSUSE wiki didn’t solve it and
neither did a lot of other things. ‘alsamixer’ had this option
as well but there I didn’t know how to check it either.

Thank you so much!
I searched for so long. WTF is this set to mute?

Thats always a problem with a wiki. … Just how far does one have to go to teach users the basics of setting up their mixer? Plus the mixer tends to be different for practically every different hardware sound device. The risk here is to cover every different mixer would require enormous contributions from the openSUSE membership (which can be difficult to recruit contributions and quality check and orchestrate the contributions) , plus it could make the wiki page so large no one would want to even look at it.

Guidance was given here (with pix) on how to do this: [Solution] Creative Audigy 1/2 + 11.0 + KDE/GNOME + ALSA - openSUSE Forums](http://forums.opensuse.org/hardware/386773-solution-creative-audigy-1-2-11-0-kde-gnome-alsa.html)

If someone wishes to create an audigy “mixer” wiki for openSUSE, we can link to it from the openSUSE audio troubleshooting guide wiki: SDB:AudioTroubleshooting - openSUSE

openSUSE is open, and to a large extent it improves by the postive contributions by users.

Many thanks to all for their comments.

Hi,
Thanks for your post. I have A8N5x motherboard with audigy 2 zs card. Whatever I tried, I couldn’t get the sound working. Even filed a bug report, but that didn’t work! This thread and your post helped. Thanks again