Since my upgrade from 15.3 to 15.4, I am now experiencing an issue when I connect my S7 to my PC. Previously I could access the device via KDEConnect just fine. Now, the phone shows connected and then immediately shows disconnected. Here is the excerpt from dmesg:
[46855.483280] usb 4-3: New USB device found, idVendor=04e8, idProduct=6860, bcdDevice= 4.00
[46855.483288] usb 4-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[46855.483290] usb 4-3: Product: SAMSUNG_Android
[46855.483292] usb 4-3: Manufacturer: SAMSUNG
[46855.483294] usb 4-3: SerialNumber: d48062df
[46856.691671] usb 4-3: USB disconnect, device number 19
This sequence goes on and on. I’m not sure how to debug this any further.
Normally, KDE Connect connects via WiFi/WLAN → does a WiFi/WLAN connection function as expected?
I’m testing with my Pocket Telephone – switched off the WLAN/WiFi and, plugged in a USB to USB-C cable (I don’t have a “proper” USB to USB-C cable – I grabbed the one which came with the Pocket Telephone’s Charger … ) –
KDE Plasma recognized the Pocket Telephone via USB – mounting the Telephone failed until such time that, I noticed that, Android was requesting that I allow access to the Pocket Telephone.
Once the Android permission had been granted, the Pocket Telephone was mounted and Dolphin can access the Pocket Telephones directories …
But, KDE Connect on the Pocket Telephone is telling me that, KDE Connect needs a WLAN (WiFi) Network and, KDE Connect on the KDE Plasma Desktop can’t find my Pocket Telephone.
So, as I suspected and, AFAIK, KDE Connect only supports connections via WLAN/WiFi and OpenVPN.
I can’t really see anything about the device other than it appears and then disappears in the Devices section of Dolphin. I tried the same under Gnome, but get the same behavior. Notifications tell me the device is connected and then disconnected, connected and then disconnected over and over.
And yes, the phone and the PC are on the same network.
I guess I need to apologize for my lacking of understanding here. I thought that KDE Connect used the USB connection to talk t the device which is apparently incorrect. I need to follow the link you sent to better understand just what I am doing
I tried rebooting and a different cord the other day giving me the same results. I just now tried yet another cable, bu this time all appears good. I can’t believe I have two (2) bad cables, but I guess I do. What are the odds. Thanks everyone for your assistance.