Rustdesk MicroOS Kalpa

Hello all,

I am trying to install the flatpak version of rustdesk and get the following error.

“The application com.rustdesk.RustDesk/x86_64/master requires the runtime org.freedesktop.Platform/x86_64/23.08 which was not found”

I tried to install the required package but it’s already installed.

Could you please advise on this?

@hungryallday installing as your user? It should pull those requirements, assuming flathub is present?

flatpak --user install rustdesk-1.2.3-x86_64.flatpak

com.rustdesk.RustDesk permissions:
    ipc      network      fallback-x11      pulseaudio     wayland     x11     dri     file access [1]     dbus access [2]

[1] home
    [2] org.freedesktop.Flatpak

ID                                                Branch                  Op             Remote                      Download
 1.     org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default               23.08                   u              flathub                     < 162.3 MB
 2.     org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default               23.08-extra             u              flathub                     < 162.3 MB
 3.     org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale                   23.08                   u              flathub                     < 359.9 MB (partial)
 4.     org.freedesktop.Platform.VAAPI.Intel              23.08                   u              flathub                      < 13.4 MB
 5.     org.freedesktop.Platform                          23.08                   u              flathub                     < 225.6 MB
 6.     com.rustdesk.RustDesk                             master                  i              rustdesk-origin             0 bytes

Proceed with these changes to the user installation? [Y/n]: 

Hello @malcolmlewis

I tried to install the package through discover.
When I tried your command it pulled these results

"flatpak --user install rustdesk-1.2.3-x86_64.flatpak

com.rustdesk.RustDesk permissions:
ipc network fallback-x11 pulseaudio wayland
x11 dri file access [1] dbus access [2]

[1] home
[2] org.freedesktop.Flatpak

ID                            Branch         Op         Remote                  Download
  1. com.rustdesk.RustDesk         master         i          rustdesk1-origin        0 bytes

Proceed with these changes to the user installation? [Y/n]:"

Should I continue with the above command?
Just so I know, what does the “–user” tag offer in this command?

@hungryallday I would assume flatub it there?

flatpak remotes

I would guess you should be fine to proceed, as the dependencies must be installed…

Perhaps it was trying to install system wide, which is not needed on MiroOS (Well I’ve only ever installed as user).

Yes, flatpak is installed and so is flathub, these are the defaults AFAIK.

The command returns
“flatpak remotes
Name Options
flathub user”

So I used
“flatpak --user install rustdesk-1.2.3-x86_64.flatpak”
and the app is now installed.

Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

all Flatpaks are installed --user by default on Kalpa. There shouldn’t be any need to add --user to your commands, as there is no system flatpak repo in the first place.

That being said, it’s odd that it will install just fine from the command line, but not through Discover.

Yet, running the command without --user, which I tried just to see what would I get, resulted in failure again.

Is there a chance that my system is misconfigurated from the initial install?

I have not made any system changes except Micro OS updates this one.

Should I re-install the OS?

What is the actual command you tried to run, and the actual error?

I can’t say anything yes, no, or otherwise without that information.

I did not get an error with this command.

flatpak --user install rustdesk-1.2.3-x86_64.flatpak

Everything worked as expected.

Ok, color me very confused, after reading through this thread.

Generally speaking, when installing stuff from flathub, you would do something like:

flatpak install rustdesk and flatpak would give you a list of packages to choose from.

But Rustdesk doesn’t appear to be on flathub.

[sfalken@mustang ~]$ flatpak search rustdesk
No matches found
[sfalken@mustang ~]$ flatpak --user search rustdesk
No matches found
[sfalken@mustang ~]$ flatpak remotes
Name    Options
flathub user

I checked the flathub website, and it doesn’t appear there either, nor can I find it in Discover:

So did you go download this .flatpak from somewhere? Something is fishy here.

@sfalken it’s a download, not on flathub, so the only way AFAIK is manually…

Ok, so this isn’t a bug at all. That’s what I’ve been trying to sort out. Manually installing .flatpak files is possible, but not really supported well.

@sfalken it needs the equivalent of rpm/yml meta link…

Or Rustdesk needs to setup a .flatpakrepo, if they don’t want to publish through Flathub. But that’s up to them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.