Running Leap 15.2 trying to install Uyuni

I’m getting tomcat errors while trying to install Uyuni for new patching server.

Setting up Cobbler..                                                                                                                                                               x
   x* Restarting services.                                                                                                                                                               x
   xTomcat failed to start properly or the installer ran out of tries.  Please check /var/log/tomcat/catalina.out or /var/log/tomcat/catalina.$(date +%Y-%m-%d).log for errors.          v
   mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj
   Error output
   lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
   xWarning: ALREADY_ENABLED: suse-manager-server                                                                                                                                        x
   xERROR: spacewalk-setup failed

##############################################
**Output from /var/log/tomcat/catalina...**
##############################################

15-Sep-2020 11:31:58.134 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Error deploying web application directory [/srv/tomcat/webapps/rhn]
        java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error starting child
                at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:720)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:690)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:705)
                at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1133)

First time doing this, so I’m not sure what exactly to look for or known issues/fixes. I’ve tried upgrading, un-installing and re-installing, but so far nothing has worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the openSUSE forums.

There is an important, but not easy to find feature on the forums.

Please in the future use CODE tags around copied/pasted computer text in a post. It is the # button in the tool bar of the post editor. When applicable copy/paste complete, that is including **the prompt, the command, **the output and the next prompt.

An example is here: Using CODE tags Around your paste.

Mind what I made bold above. Because we have some output, but what you did to get that output is failing.

Thanks, sorry about that, good to know.

So I ran uyuni setup in yast after installing packages and updating python-psycopg. It starts off running ok, but then stops and prints the tomcat error message.

Tomcat failed to start properly or the installer ran out of tries. Please check /var/log/tomcat/catalina.out or /var/log/tomcat/catalina.$(date +%Y-%m-%d).log for errors.

After that I checked the log file it stated " cat /var/log/tomcat/catalina.$(date +%Y-%m-%d).log" and got the output:

15-Sep-2020 11:31:58.134 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Error deploying web application directory [/srv/tomcat/webapps/rhn]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error starting child
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:720)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:690)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:705)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1133)