rpm error with update

I’m trying to update tumbleweed, but I get a lot of reports that the rpm packages are not okay. Is this in the repositories or is it my tumbleweed installation?

thank you in advance

Gerrit Jan

That’s rather vague :slight_smile: a little more information would be useful.

How are you performing the update?

What is the actual error message(s) you are seeing?

And a list of your enabled repositories may help also

sudo zypper lr -d

How???

What do the reports say.???

In short, we are not clairvoyant, and we can not know what you do not tell or show us.

It does not matter what I use, yast software management or dvd with upgrade or zypper ref && zypper dup.
I get this immediately by installing zypper ref && zypper dup.
And that will happen, so I stop.
hope i do code well, always forget …:stuck_out_tongue:

Checking for file conflicts: ........................................................................................................................................................................................................[error]
Detected 2 file conflicts:                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

File /usr/bin/par2                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
  from install of                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
     par-0.6.14-1.4.x86_64 (Hoofd-installatiebron (opensource))                                                                                               
  conflicts with file from package                                                                                                                            
     par2cmdline-0.4-4.32.x86_64 (@System)                                                                                                                    

File /usr/share/man/man1/par2.1.gz                                                                                                                            
  from install of                                                                                                                                             
     par-0.6.14-1.4.x86_64 (Hoofd-installatiebron (opensource))                                                                                               
  conflicts with file from package                                                                                                                            
     par2cmdline-0.4-4.32.x86_64 (@System)                                                                                                                    

File conflicts happen when two packages attempt to install files with the same name but different contents. If you continue, conflicting files will be replace
Continue? [yes/no] (no): yes                                                                                                                                  

(   1/1097) Removing ktp-accounts-kcm-lang-17.08.1-1.6.noarch ..........................................................................................[done]
Additional rpm output:
error: db4 error(-30986) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found
error: error(-30986) getting "System/Localization" records from Group index: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found

(   2/1097) Installing: digikam-doc-5.7.0-2.1.noarch ...................................................................................................[done]
(   3/1097) Installing: dolphin-part-lang-17.08.1-1.1.noarch ..........................................................................................[error]
Installation of dolphin-part-lang-17.08.1-1.1.noarch failed:
Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: db4 error(-30986) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found
error: error(-30986) getting "System/Localization" records from Group index: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found
error: dolphin-part-lang-17.08.1-1.1.noarch: install failed
error: dolphin-part-lang-17.08.1-115.24.noarch: erase skipped

Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a): a
Problem occurred during or after installation or removal of packages:
Installation aborted by user
Please see the above error message for a hint.
linux-meip:~ # zypper ref && zypper dup

And where is the

zypper lr -d

also asked for?

And please, you use Tumbleweed. So do not try to update with YaST.
Also using the DVD (which one) I do not understand.

Only update Tumbleweed with

zypper dup

and of course you may do

zypper ref && zypper dup

but using the defaults, the refresh is done automatically.

And please when posting those things between CODE tags make it as complete as possible: the prompt, the command, the output and the next prompt.
Now, for a reason unknown to me, you have the prompt with the command at the end???

solved, just search in the forum. :X

zypper clean --all
rpmdb --rebuilddb

That is fine! Congratulations.

Please do only update Tumbleweed with zypper dup. Else you could get these sort of problems again. :wink:

In addition to henk’s advice.

Yes,

error: db4 error(-30986) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found

is an indicator of a corrupt RPM database.

Prior to rebuilding it is advisable to first, at least, verify the integrity of the “Packages” file (all using root priveledges):

To avoid any “stale locks” first

cd /var/lib/rpm
rm -f __db*

and then verify the integrity of the “Packages” file

/usr/lib/rpm/rpmdb_verify Packages

Providing there are no errors, then rebuild the database

rpm -v --rebuilddb

The full recovery process is detailed here: http://rpm.org/user_doc/db_recovery.html

Paul, thanks for your solution, performed without problems.

Gerrit Jan