Returns not honored when typing a post in the browser interface

No returns (new line) is showing on my posts today, for instance https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/507282-Why-two-update-repos-for-oS-13-2?p=2709075#post2709075 I’ve typed three returns before starting this sentence. And three more before this. If I edit this post, the returns appear as spaces.

That has not been happening to me (I hope).

I just hit “Enter” twice to leave an empty line.

I’m using “konqueror”, and I’m using the GUI editor.

I do recall seeing posting problems when experimenting with other browsers. Firefox has been fine. Hmm, come to think of it, I’m using “konqueror” but I have configured it to pretend that it is firefox, because I get weirdness otherwise (mostly with copy/paste). Oh, and I am using “konqueror” in “WebKit” mode.

Which browser are you using. Are you using GUI mode or source mode (the “A/A” button near the top left switches).

Let’s see how this posts.

That looked good when posted. However, for this reply, I have clicked the “A/A” button to switch to source mode.

I hit Enter twice there. Let’s see how it posts now. If anything, I expect this (i.e. source mode) to cause fewer problems.

I’m looking at profile settings, in case those are related. I see three choices for editing:

Enhanced interface (full WYZIWYG)
Basic editor (a text box)
Standard Editor (extra formatting).

I am using the first of those.

Aw, it was my fault. I inadvertently blocked the site in noscript. It did away with the formatting options bars on top of the typing window, and, as it turns out, it doesn’t like CRs and|or LFs too…

Sorry troubling you for nothing, nrickert. :shame:

No problem.

You are not the first to run into this. If it happens again, we will know to ask about “noscript”.

I guess I am wondering how you managed to login with “noscript” blocking the site, though perhaps it’s more when it blocks “novell” or “attachmate” that login doesn’t work.

I didn’t. I “wrong-clicked” the noscript icon after I had logged in.
Working with three displays, two mouses and two keyboards, I get distracted sometimes. :wink:

… especially when you get mixed up and start using the left keyboard with the right mouse and the bottom display.lol!