Which enables me to have
* Latest Amarok (with MP3 Support) for KDE, or Helix-Banshee for GNOME users
* Encrypted DVD (libdvdcss)
* Extra xine codecs, for MPEG-4 etc. (libxine1)
* K3b with MP3 Support (k3b-codecs)
* Win 32 Codecs (w32codec-all)
however I am unable to do this. whenever I try to I get an error message saying: "there are some conflicts on the transaction that must be solved manually.
gstreamer-0_10-ffmpeg-0.10.5-42.pm.1.i586 requires gstreamer-0_10>=0.10.20, but this requirement cannot be provided."
This happens whenever I try to install or update any of the codecs.
Disable Videolan repo
then update all in Packman via software management
check all Red or Blue highlights
the red are roll backs
you may have to uncheck the verify dependency (until you have marked all packages)
Basically your problem is the vlc repo - all you should end up having installed from there is: libdvdcss