This is my first post.
I am interested to jump in to the linux world!
I am a 3d/2d Artist student, I’m mainly gonna use linux for maya… (and more programs belove)
This is thought out as weekend computer.
I’m thinking about this setup:
Sony Vaio VGN-NR21S (secondhand) - about 610 USD (5000 SEK)
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T5450 GHz) 1,66
- 2 GB 667Mhz DDR2
- 250GB HDD , 5400rpm
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400M GT GPU
- Opensuse with Gnome or KDE
- Maya 2009 - 3d software
- Gimp - 2d/paint software (alternative Adobe CS4 under wine)
- Firefox - Webbrowser
- Thunderbird - Email manager
- Deluge - Torrent client
- DC++ Linux - DC client
- Songbird - Music player
- VLC - Media player
- Miro - perhaps as multimedia jukebox
- Adobe reader
Is it Supported?**
How about it…will it work?
I would like to use the 64bit version.
I can’t find the laptop supported on this page:
HCL/Laptops/Sony - openSUSE
The FN buttons I dont really care about:
Feature Wishlist/Hardware support - openSUSE
but will this be supported in time?
Will wireless, sleepmode, Ethernet work as normal?
I would be very happy if I could get some response!