Rediculous Screen Tearing

After installing OpenSuse 11.3x86_64 specifically for the ATI radeon HD 4850 proprietary driver that was created with intended compatibility from ATI, I have intense screen tearing. What information should I supply you with in order to better assist me?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Whenever I attempt to run Heroes of Newerth, I receive the error:

warning: The VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a complete rewrite
X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 139 (ATIFGLEXTENSION)
Minor opcode of failed request: 66 ()
Serial number of failed request: 23
Current serial number in output stream: 23

Go to control panel and

1. turn v-sync to “always on”

and if it doesn’t help

1. enable special anti-screen tearing option (my control panel is in polish, so I don’t know its english name, but you will find it :wink: ).

I have performed the specified actions.

In the Catalyst Control Center I have navigated the Settings tree to 3D > More Settings > Wait for vertical refresh > Always On

In the Display Options > Tear Free I click “Enable Tear Free Desktop to reduce tearing.”

I click apply and then Okay. However, no change is made in the error I receive when attempting to execute Heroes of Newerth. Another interesting fact is that whenever I enable tear free desktop under display options, click okay, and open the control panel again, the setting is not enabled. I see that it is disabled no matter how many times I try to enable it. I am running this as admin, so that can not be the problem.

VSync and Tear Free Desktop should have no effect on this error.

But it seems like something is not working properly. Did you try reinstalling newest 11.8 drivers?