Recoll

Trying to install Recoll on 12.1, but the KDE:Extras repo doesn’t include the dependency antiword (needed to index Microsoft Word files). Anyone know why or, more importantly, where I can get a complete Recoll for 12.1? Or a version of antiword that will work?

Trying to install Recoll on 12.1, but the KDE:Extras repo doesn’t include the dependency antiword (needed to index Microsoft Word files). Anyone know why or, more importantly, where I can get a complete Recoll for 12.1? Or a version of antiword that will work?

I did not try to install Recoll to confirm the error but doing a search for antiword finds you can install it for openSUSE 12.1 from our 1-Click Install Service software.opensuse.org: Search Results

Thank You,

Thanks, that worked!

Great, Happy to hear that this worked for you.

Thank You,

For info of other readers: Install Desktop Search App Recoll in openSUSE 12.1 or Tumbleweed

Good page, wasn’t aware of that. Just hope that the KDE: Extra repo error re the missing antiword is fixed. Who could I report it to?

A member here, dockes, is the recoll developer. So a PM to dockes might reach the target. Here’s the reference: http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/455227-what-recommended-desktop-search-opensuse-11-4-after-beagle-gone-3.html#post2303208

But of course, the formal method is to post a bug in Novell Bugzilla for openSUSE 12.1.

Thanks, will do! Both if I can.

I think the issue with antiword is a packaging one and it should be made a dependency when installing the recoll rpm, also would mean that antiword should be included in the Exrtra repo with recoll.

You should also run recoll -> file -> show missing helpers, to see if there are others that you might want

I’ve pm’ed docker and he’s aware of the issue and has filed a bug.

The problem is that it has been, correctly as you point out, a dependency but that antiword is not included.