Re: Fritz USB Stick - Suse 12.1 - mit carl9170-1 - läuft nicht

On 2012-01-08 15:46, linuxstarter wrote:
>
> Hallo erfahrene User,
>
> Linux ist neu für mich, habe nur wenig Unix - Know How.:frowning:
> Bekomme meinen Fritz USB Stick nicht zum laufen.
> Schon einiges im Forum gelesen und probiert.

Excuse me, but this is the English speaking forum.


Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

A ghost from NNTP:

Path: kozak.provo.novell.com!kortar.provo.novell.com!kovat.provo.novell.com.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail
From: “Carlos E. R.” <robin_listas@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2.24) Gecko/20111101 SUSE/3.1.16 Thunderbird/3.1.16
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: opensuse.org.help.network-internet.wireless
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?UmU6IEZyaXR6IFVTQiBTdGljayAtIFN1c2UgMTIuMSAtIG1pdCBjYXI=?=
=?UTF-8?B?bDkxNzAtMSAtIGzDpHVmdCBuaWNodA==?=
References: <linuxstarter.5610qp@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org>
In-Reply-To: <linuxstarter.5610qp@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <ro8pt8-62k.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>
Lines: 15
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 19:53:06 GMT
NNTP-Posting-Host: 83.34.82.109
X-Trace: kovat.provo.novell.com 1326052386 83.34.82.109 (Sun, 08 Jan 2012 12:53:06 MST)
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 12:53:06 MST
Xref: kortar.provo.novell.com opensuse.org.help.network-internet.wireless:18959

On 2012-01-08 15:46, linuxstarter wrote:
>
> Hallo erfahrene User,
>
> Linux ist neu für mich, habe nur wenig Unix - Know How.:frowning:
> Bekomme meinen Fritz USB Stick nicht zum laufen.
> Schon einiges im Forum gelesen und probiert.

Excuse me, but this is the English speaking forum.

On 2012-01-08 23:16, pistazienfresser wrote:
> A ghost from NNTP:

Please explain.


Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 00:38:06 +0000, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> On 2012-01-08 23:16, pistazienfresser wrote:
>> A ghost from NNTP:
>
> Please explain.

It was posted here incorrectly and has been moved. Whomever moved it
forgot to mention that the thread had been moved so NNTP users would know
it had been moved.

Jim

Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Correct, I never noticed that the German language section had NNTP users, thus I moved it to the correct place ASAP.

On 2012-01-08 23:16, pistazienfresser wrote:
> …]
> View this thread: Re: Fritz USB Stick - Suse 12.1 - mit carl9170-1 - läuft nicht

You replied via NNTP to a thread that had been moved before (to:

http://forums.opensuse.org/deutsch-german/hilfe-und-helfen/netzwerk/wireless/470895-fritz-usb-stick-suse-12-1-mit-carl9170-1-la-uft-nicht.html ).
So in the web frontend there is was only your reply to a not longer existing answer - like a soul/spirit without an (anymore) existing body.

It may be possible to avoid NNTP-‘ghosts’ like that if a moderator would write that he will move the tread before moving (a thing I forget sometimes, too) or the NNTP users would click on “view this thread …” before responding to a thread that may have been already moved.

Saludos cordiales
Martin
(pistazienfresser)

On 2012-01-09 06:50, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 00:38:06 +0000, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>
>> On 2012-01-08 23:16, pistazienfresser wrote:
>>> A ghost from NNTP:
>>
>> Please explain.
>
> It was posted here incorrectly and has been moved. Whomever moved it
> forgot to mention that the thread had been moved so NNTP users would know
> it had been moved.

Ah, I see!


Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

On 2012-01-09 09:56, hcvv wrote:
> Correct, I never noticed that the German language section had NNTP
> users, thus I moved it to the correct place ASAP.

I’m afraid that the German side having nntp or not has no effect, as I only
use the English side, and all the messages were there.


Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

On 01/09/2012 11:36 AM, pistazienfresser wrote:
> or the NNTP users would click on “view this thread …”
> before responding to a thread that may have been already moved.

and, how might one tell if it “may have been already moved”?

well, that is to say that every post i see may have already been
moved, and i don’t intend to look in the http side before every response
i make.


DD http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat
openSUSE®, the “German Engineered Automobiles” of operating systems!

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 12:13:07 +0000, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> On 2012-01-09 09:56, hcvv wrote:
>> Correct, I never noticed that the German language section had NNTP
>> users, thus I moved it to the correct place ASAP.
>
> I’m afraid that the German side having nntp or not has no effect, as I
> only use the English side, and all the messages were there.

Yes, when messages are moved on the HTTP side, the NNTP side is not
affected.

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C