raspberry pi not booting

Hello,

I have a raspberry pi, model b+ and I am trying to install opensuse 13.1.
Although I followed the instructions noted in: https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Raspberry_Pi, the raspberry is not booting at all.
The red, as well the green led are on (nothing flashes) but nothing is displayed on the screen!

I also tried to start with raspbian (I downloaded it from http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/) and surprisingly works fine, so I don’t think is hardware problem.

My SD card is a kingston, 16G, class 4.

Hope you guys have some ideas!

Thanks!

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 19:26:01 +0000, nhamakos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a raspberry pi, model b+ and I am trying to install opensuse
> 13.1.
> Although I followed the instructions noted in:
> https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Raspberry_Pi, the raspberry is not booting
> at all.
> The red, as well the green led are on (nothing flashes) but nothing is
> displayed on the screen!
>
> I also tried to start with raspbian (I downloaded it from
> http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/) and surprisingly works fine, so I
> don’t think is hardware problem.
>
> My SD card is a kingston, 16G, class 4.
>
> Hope you guys have some ideas!

I seem to recall reading recently that there was an issue with the images
being investigated. I haven’t had a chance recently to play with openSUSE
on my RPi, but I know earlier versions of the image had an issue with the
BOOT partition size that needed to be tweaked before it was able to
boot. I thought they’d sorted that issue out, but perhaps they haven’t.

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-arm/2014-01/msg00008.html has the
details.

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Yes Jim you are right, however, according to opensuse help (openSUSE:Raspberry Pi - openSUSE Wiki) this issue is supposed to have been solved (if I understand it correctly):

resizing jeos nonbootable Image - dos boot parted usage HOWTO

This bug have been solved on openSUSE 13.1 images with build number 37.1 and later.

My image has a build number 38.14.

Thanks,
Nick

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 07:46:01 +0000, nhamakos wrote:

> Yes Jim you are right, however, according to opensuse help
> (http://tinyurl.com/qe6495a) this issue is supposed to have been solved
> (if I understand it correctly):
>
>> RESIZING JEOS NONBOOTABLE IMAGE - DOS BOOT PARTED USAGE HOWTO This bug
>> have been solved on openSUSE 13.1 images with build number 37.1 and
>> later.
>>
>>
>>
> My image has a build number 38.14.

Glad that the boot image issue is sorted, I hadn’t followed in a while.

But I did see some posts on the arm mailing list that related to a
different image issue (I think it was the build being broken) - you might
check out the recent archives at lists.opensuse.org and see if that
discussion applies to what you’re seeing.

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C