qmmp not opening mpg123 anymore

Hi,

I’ve been using qmmp for almost a year now without any problems. However, recently it is unable to play mpg123 files. I tried to reinstall it, along with it’s plugins, but that didn’t work. When I run it from terminal, it gives the following message:

QmmpPluginCache: error: Cannot load library /usr/lib64/qmmp/Input/libmpg123.so: (/usr/lib64/qmmp/Input/libmpg123.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK7Decoder7nextURLEv)
QmmpPluginCache: unknown plugin type: /usr/lib64/qmmp/Input/libmpg123.so

However, I can’t open this file with either Leafpad or vi. Other decoders still work.

Thanks.

Hi
So this is the packman version? I see it was linked to the multimedia apps project a few days ago, is the version installed at 0.9.1 and plugins at 0.9.0?

It wasn’t but I just reinstalled it from the packman, but it still doesn’t work. The qmmp is 0.9.1, while the plugin is 0.9.0.

Hi
So qmmp is now from packman;

zypper if qmmp

The only thing I see in the build log for the plugin pack is this;

126s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/qmmp-plugin-pack-0.9.0/src/Input/mpg123/decoder_mpg123.cpp:228:47: warning: iteration 9u invokes undefined behavior -Waggressive-loop-optimizations]
  126s]          mpg123_format(m_handle, sample_rates*, MPG123_MONO | MPG123_STEREO, encoding);
  126s]                                                ^
  126s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/qmmp-plugin-pack-0.9.0/src/Input/mpg123/decoder_mpg123.cpp:227:5: note: containing loop
  126s]      for(unsigned int i = 0; i < sizeof(sample_rates); ++i)
  126s]      ^

Could it be the cause of your issue, best to take up direct with the maintainer either via the Packman bugzilla, Mailing list or IRC;
http://packman.links2linux.org/help
https://bugs.links2linux.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa*

Informationen für Paket qmmp:

Repository: Packman Repository
Name: qmmp
Version: 0.9.1-66.1
Arch: x86_64
Anbieter: http://packman.links2linux.de
Installiert: Ja
Installierte Größe: 259,2 KiB
Zusammenfassung: XMMS-like audio player
Beschreibung:
This program is an audio-player, written with help of Qt library. The program
has user interface, similar winamp or xmms.

Hi
OK, thanks, perhaps you have a sample file you could upload somewhere to see if it can be duplicated?

The current libqmmp0-plugins in Packman has version 0.9.1 as well, so this is likely the reason for your problem.
Make sure you use the Packman version for this too, and update it if necessary.

I just installed qmmp from Packman here and mp3 playback works fine. But it uses mad, not mpg123.
There is not even a /usr/lib64/qmmp/Input/libmpg123.so in the packages.

On Wed 16 Sep 2015 09:16:02 AM CDT, wolfi323 wrote:

Kry;2728283 Wrote:
> The qmmp is 0.9.1, while the plugin is 0.9.0.
The current libqmmp0-plugins in Packman has version 0.9.1 as well, so
this is likely the reason for your problem.
Make sure you use the Packman version for this too, and update it if
necessary.

I just installed qmmp from Packman here and mp3 playback works fine. But
it uses mad, not mpg123.
There is not even a /usr/lib64/qmmp/Input/libmpg123.so in the packages.

Hi
There is a qmmp plugin pack (two different packages/sources) the plugin
pack is at 0.9.0 and has the mpg123 files…all confusing…

Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel
3.12.44-52.10-default If you find this post helpful and are logged into
the web interface, please show your appreciation and click on the star
below… Thanks!

Holy sh… after half hour, I realised there are 4 qmmp packages… there is one named libqmmp0, which stuck at 0.8.0. After upgrading it, everything works again…

Thanks for the help btw, now everything runs on packman, although I’m not really sure what’s the difference. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi
Ahh glad you now have it sorted. So the openSUSE version does not have the proprietary bits (oss), so packman link to this version and build as well as add the plugin pack for non-free and proprietary bits…

Ah right.
Didn’t notice, sorry.

The mpg123 probably isn’t needed though if the mad plugin is installed.
Although I suppose the problem is fixed now anyway, after updating libqmmp… :wink:

And Packman additionally has the mad (for mp3s) and aac plugins in the main packages (libqmmp0-plugins).