Pulse and ICE1712 chipset/M Audio 1010LT in OS 11.4, not working.

Looks like Pulse is the cause of another problem with the ICE1721 chipset (when will this madness end!!). Anyways I have a pulseverbrose.log file that I’ll pastebin here: Ubuntu Pastebin

Also results of /usr/sbin/alsa-info.sh are here: Ubuntu Pastebin

The symptoms are:

1. with Pulse I can play a guitar through inputs 1&2 and hear the output, but can not play any pgms like Banshee at all.

2. After “killall pulseaudio” I can then play Banshee but no external inputs, like a guitar.

The sys:

1. OpenSuse 11.4
  2. 2.6.37.6-0.5-default Kernel
  3. pulse-0.9.22
  4. cat /proc/asound/version=Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23
  5. Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23=alsa-1.0.24.1-4.7.1.i586, alsa-utils-1.0.24.2-3.1.i586, alsa-firmware-1.0.24.1-3.1.noarch

I’ll update this post with more info as I get into it further…

sysdoc

I find with pulse audio that installing and using the pulse audio volume control application (which is in OSS repository) ‘pavucontrol’ helps with pulse audio. One needs to run that program the 1st time (and same time) one runs any application to tell pulse how to be configured for that application. Its important that in the PLAYBACK and RECORDING tabs one has SHOW set to ‘All Steams’ and it is important that in the INPUT DEVICES and OUTPUT-DEVICES that one has SHOW set to “All Input Devices” / “All Output Devices”. Then its just a matter of tuning pulse.

Solved this issue by following this pages suggestions> SDB:Alsa-update - openSUSE I just upgraded all the apps from the multimedia repo rebooted and it worked in Gnome at least…

sysdoc

I’ve maybe a simplest solution, by following this fedora page : [RESOLU] Carte m-audio (chipset ICE1712) avec pulseaudio](http://forums.fedora-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=43836).
I’ve just added the 2 lines from the first point, in the file /usr/share/alsa/cards/ICE1712.conf
slave.format S32_LE
slave.channels 10
then
rcalsasound restart
and I’ve my 2 cards (motherboard interne and m-audio delta lt1010) and I can switch perfectly.

Hoping it’s help you.