I recently upgraded my laptop from 13.1 to 13.2 (both with gnome) and everything is almost fine. Yet I have a strange behaviour with the proxy configuration : it seems to be working with wireless connection but not with a wired one.
To give more details, wether I am on wired or wireless connection, everything is OK, when I work from home with no proxy. At my office, I can connect to computers that do not need a proxy connection (inside my university) through ssh or whatever. Now when it comes to connections needing a proxy, the connection works with the wireless connection but not with the wired one. Actually, I tried the following:
- wireless alone : no problem
- wired and leaving the wireless do whatever it wants : no connection with proxy
- wired and wireless physically (through the physical switch) turned off : no connection with proxy
and the problem occurs with yast and firefox (for what I have tried)
Finally, I usually configure the proxy in three different places (I don’t know if this is ok):
- in yast/proxy
- in gnome/settings/netwrok/network proxy (needed if I want to install extensions for gnome, the yast/proxy configuration seems not to be considered by gnome)
- in firefox for web browsing
So, here’s the situation that puzzles me (yet, it can be worked arround with the wireless connection, but it is not satisfactory), any idea is welcomed.